ACC Total Revenue for the 2013-2014 Seasons...

SFbayCane

All American
ACC brings in $313.3 million in revenue in 2013-14

[h=1]ACC revenues surpass projections[/h]
The ACC brought in more than $300 million in revenue during 2013-14, distributing more money than initially projected, the league disclosed Friday.
According to IRS filings, the ACC had a record $302.3 million in revenue in 2013-14, its first year as a 15-member league. It also paid its member institutions $11 million in league championship game/tournament reimbursements, raising its total revenue number to $313.3 million.
The 14 full-time ACC members received $22.1 million on average, an increase of more than $1 million per school over projections made last year. Notre Dame, a member in all sports but football, received $4.9 million, according to the IRS filing.
The ACC does not own the schools' marketing and merchandise rights, so the total revenue does not include any multimedia deals schools have on their own.
The conference does not yet have the financial numbers for 2014-15, but the total revenue is expected to be higher based on increased money from the College Football Playoff and its exit settlement with Maryland.

Advertisement
That Medical Center is milking the University dry.

It's a black hole for money.

You'd think Football and Basketball money would be folded back into the two sports proportionally.

But then, other schools don't have a designated black hole they call a Medical Center.

Advertisement
I've already penciled in Sept 1, 2024 into my datebook to keep free. We breakin' ground on that indoor practice facility!

You guys are missing the point. UM football does not need to be good for the University to reap the financial rewards of the reputation of the ACC teams. Its going to take the next round of TV contracts before the ACC will see reduced revenue from the board of distrustees decision to detroy UM football.

You guys are missing the point. UM football does not need to be good for the University to reap the financial rewards of the reputation of the ACC teams. Its going to take the next round of TV contracts before the ACC will see reduced revenue from the board of distrustees decision to detroy UM football.

The BoT is destroying our football team? Since when? Whens the final home game? Are all the recent upgrades just for golden to keep his job before we hand over our practice fields to the womens soccer team?

Advertisement

The BoT is destroying our football team? Since when? Whens the final home game? Are all the recent upgrades just for golden to keep his job before we hand over our practice fields to the womens soccer team?

What are the recent upgrades?

Let's even set aside the notion of the BoT or Donna actively seeking to harm the program. I still love the people around here that can't comprehend the concept that gross neglect can equal destruction. If you don't feed your dog it'll eventually die. That doesn't necessarily mean you woke up each day actively trying to kill the dog. You could have just not cared about or appreciated the benefits of having a healthy dog.

Have you been paying attention the last 15 plus years? Football team has clearly undergone significant destruction. Buck stop at BOT. They make the hires who make the hires -- get it. About 35 years ago the then BOT stepped in, found the money and directed the hiring of Howard to save the football program. What has BOT done lately. They accidentally hired the greatest recruiter in history of college football, Butch, because nobody else would take the job. Since then, we have had Larry(okay players insisted on him, but he was kept way to long), Randy, and now Al. With each hire we have gotten worse. Do think Al Golden, who I liked at first, in any way resembles Howard(NFL HC, OC of ONLY undefeated NFL team ever, recruited and coach of Joe Willie under Bear frigging Bryant)? The question is WHY NOT Blame the BOT?

Let's even set aside the notion of the BoT or Donna actively seeking to harm the program. I still love the people around here that can't comprehend the concept that gross neglect can equal destruction. If you don't feed your dog it'll eventually die. That doesn't necessarily mean you woke up each day actively trying to kill the dog. You could have just not cared about or appreciated the benefits of having a healthy dog.

Good point and I don't think it necessary that there have been "intention". Although, I am not sure how you "forget" the football program that change your institution from SunTan U into THE [[__]], thereby creating one of the most famous brands in the world. Personally, I think there was intention to destroy what the program was and a complete indifference as to the end product stinking. But I don't care if we hang them for intention or accidental destruction, just so they get hung!

Advertisement

Good point and I don't think it necessary that there have been "intention". Although, I am not sure how you "forget" the football program that change your institution from SunTan U into THE [[__]], thereby creating one of the most famous brands in the world. Personally, I think there was intention to destroy what the program was and a complete indifference as to the end product stinking. But I don't care if we hang them for intention or accidental destruction, just so they get hung!

Agreed. Even if you're a Donna apologist or one of the few that give the BoT a pass because "a university is more than just a football team", there's no acceptable rationale for not making any realistic attempt to even half-heartedly keep up with the Joneses when were actually winning. Let's also be clear about when the transformation from Suntan U occurred. It was under Foote not Donna. She left office having made almost negligible improvements in overall rankings. (Not that I'm a fan of how Foote treated the program).

The recent upgrades? Like the stadium upgrades that we aren't paying a penny for?

The recent upgrades? Like the stadium upgrades that we aren't paying a penny for?

Hey, twitter told me that the BoT put in almost 500 million (?) Dollars into sun life. I don't think highly established people in the office of a division 1 university would lie about something as borderline fraudulent as that!......and the internet never lies

Advertisement
Won't see a penny of that go back into FB...

But Vtech Is creating an unbelievable facility...

Advertisement
Back