ACC title game location.

Advertisement
Charlotte isn't a bad spot. Where else would you try? Tampa and Jacksonville have been tried both were disasters.

The other option would be 1 team host, and you divide tickets 50/50 so you give the away team an opportunity to make the crowd half and half.

Needs to move to a different location. Yeah I know we want out of the ACC, but in the meantime everyone else is playing on far better locations and venues than the ACC finalists.

1. You're right

2. Considering the ACC's sprawling footprint, what are the other options besides Charlotte? Already bombed out at Jax, Tampa and Orlando

3. Which fan bases actually give a **** about football enough to travel in big numbers for a CCG? I'd say FSU, Clemson and Va Tech. UM, maybe, if we were really good. Perhaps NC State if they were ever worth a flip. That's probably it.

The most practical move would be to play in ATL on Friday night, but I can't imagine the SEC allowing that to happen.

There are no perfect solutions.

I'd probably let the No. 1 seed host to ensure a packed house like the do in the low-level D1 conferences

Oh wait

Charlotte isn't a bad spot. Where else would you try? Tampa and Jacksonville have been tried both were disasters.

The other option would be 1 team host, and you divide tickets 50/50 so you give the away team an opportunity to make the crowd half and half.
charlotte makes the most sense:

2022-ACC-Map.jpg

I enjoyed Charlotte in 2017, other than the fact that it’s so much easier for half the conference to travel to than us. Certainly a much better set up than Camping World in Orlando

Advertisement

Great minds think alike GCA.

I's give the visitors 24 hours to buy tickets before they had to return the unsold portion of their allotment.

If these schools like Pitt or Wake only sell 4k tix, so be it.

Stadium needs to be packed

Last edited:

Charlotte isn’t great neither. It’s a cute town but that’s it. On top of that, the stadium is a dump and weather sucks. Everyone else plays in much better venues and don’t deal with cold and rain. ACC sucks.

I enjoyed Charlotte in 2017, other than the fact that it’s so much easier for half the conference to travel to than us. Certainly a much better set up than Camping World in Orlando

I've probably spent (much) less time in Orlando and Tampa than any FL native or transplant on CIS.

How are those stadiums for a CCG or a neutral-site regular-season game?

Looked it up and we've played the turds in Jax (1958 and '59), Orlando (1976 and 2019) and Tampa (1984)

I've probably spent (much) less time in Orlando and Tampa than any FL native or transplant on CIS.

How are those stadiums for a CCG or a neutral-site regular-season game?

Looked it up and we've played the turds in Jax (1958 and '59), Orlando (1976 and 2019) and Tampa (1984)
I remember getting out of the game against the Gator in 2019 being a disaster must’ve spent at least an hour waiting for an Uber

Maybe the ACC can make a deal with the new Titans stadium they’re building in Nashville

Advertisement
I remember getting out of the game against the Gator in 2019 being a disaster must’ve spent at least an hour waiting for an Uber

Maybe the ACC can make a deal with the new Titans stadium they’re building in Nashville
I was thinking that to!! But has to be new stadium. Current Nissan stadium is a dump

charlotte makes the most sense:

2022-ACC-Map.jpg
Actually, if you want to be really honest and candid Miami makes the most sense.

It’s the most attractive global destination among the choices (by far), with the most consistent weather that time of year, and the nicest of the stadiums.

However, if you think the ACC would EVER pick Hard Rock, or do ANYTHING that even would be seen to acknowledge that Miami is even an actual member of the ACC, then you believe that there’s a secret island in the carribean populated by nothing but supermodels who will blow you for a quarter … and the only dude who lives on the island is a great bartender who hands out free quarters.

Charlotte isn’t great neither. It’s a cute town but that’s it. On top of that, the stadium is a dump and weather sucks. Everyone else plays in much better venues and don’t deal with cold and rain. ACC sucks.
Atlanta and Charlotte are comparable outside the stadium. Indy is awful. Dallas and Vegas are probably the 2 best.

Advertisement
Actually, if you want to be really honest and candid Miami makes the most sense.

It’s the most attractive global destination among the choices (by far), with the most consistent weather that time of year, and the nicest of the stadiums.

However, if you think the ACC would EVER pick Hard Rock, or do ANYTHING that even would be seen to acknowledge that Miami is even an actual member of the ACC ...

Chances are:

time house GIF

Nobody’s mentioned, the airport there is awful as well. Stadium is a true dump.

Bottom line, get out of the ACC.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Logistically Charlotte makes the most sense, pretty boring town after being there in 2017. It’s easy to get to with it being an American Airlines hub.

Stadium blowsssss though. I’d much prefer it to be somewhere else.

Miami is probably the best alternative but they will never put it in miamis home stadium and probably shouldn’t.

Tampa wouldn’t be a bad compromise. Airport is growing there.

Once Nashville finishes their stadium that wouldn’t be a bad option, but that might feel too SEC for the conference.

Great minds think alike GCA.

I's give the visitors 24 hours to buy tickets before they had to return the unsold portion of their allotment.

If these schools like Pitt or Wake only sell 4k tix, so be it.

Stadium needs to be packed
The worst possible matchup happened two years ago and the stadium was full (Wake vs Pitt).

Charlotte is far and away the best location. It would be nice if it was a dome but weather has only been a factor one time that I can recall.

Consider 4 NC schools, 2 VA schools, GT and Clemson are short drives. Its AAs hub so there are direct flights from every east coast city. Its a big city so there are plenty of hotel rooms downtown. The stadium is downtown near the hotels and bars.

Advertisement
Back