Acc series split tiebreaker (2 games)

canesstevealum08

"Wyatt, I am rolling!"
Premium
This is in case we’re still on a winning streak going into Pitt also assumes uva has lost

“b. If the tied teams played each other twice in the regular season and split their games, then each team’s record against the team occupying the highest position in the final regular-season standings (or in case of a tie for first place, the next highest position in the regular-season standings) and then continuing down through the standings until one team gains an advantage.” Both teams have beaten, UVA so the tiebreaking team is Clemson. Pitt, has a loss and only plays them once. In this scenario, Miami would be the number one seed in the ACC tournament.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pittt has a cake walk schedule except for us. We have to win out, with possibly the toughest schedule of the top four. Virginia still has Clemson and NC, while Clemson has NC State, Virginia and mid acc teams, similar to us.. I think, unless we simply do not play well, a third place is in the bag, but we will need some help to finish higher, except as stated, we win our.

Top seed [and a regular season ship] would be nice. But, in the big picture we only need a top 4 seed to have a road to winning the ACCCG. I still do not see us moving to a top 4 seed nationally even with an ACCT win.

Advertisement
Top seed [and a regular season ship] would be nice. But, in the big picture we only need a top 4 seed to have a road to winning the ACCCG. I still do not see us moving to a top 4 seed nationally even with an ACCT win.

IMO we really want the 1 or 2 seed to avoid playing UVA until a potential championship game.

I hear you for sure on the Top 4, that guarantees you the double bye and is crazy beneficial. But the only team that remotely scares me is UVA.

Here’s to winning the regular season AND tournament.

Advertisement
Doubtful as ACC is perceived as weak this year. In 2013 it was perceived as strong and we won the regular season and conference title and they *still* didn’t give us a 1 seed

I still believe this was the most aggressive and vengeful hate **** the NCAA has ever provided. Just imagine Duke or Carolina winning the ACC regular season championship, and then going to Greensboro and winning the tournament, and they don’t get a 1 seed. Literally not possible. But Miami does it and they get a 2 LOL.

Doubtful as ACC is perceived as weak this year. In 2013 it was perceived as strong and we won the regular season and conference title and they *still* didn’t give us a 1 seed
You have a point but if we end the year with just 5 or 6 losses and an ACCT championship our AP ranking will be top 10 for sure which makes it difficult from an optics perspective to not have us as at least a 3 seed

Advertisement
Back