ACC Schedule Model Released - Includes Miami @ Clemson

Excited to get a guaranteed shot at Clemson. Hopefully it's second half of the season. If our defense is properly coached we'll be top 2 at the end of the season.
LOL at letting fcking ND play in the ACC title game without being a conference member. ND needed the ACC; the ACC didn't need ND. So what does the ACC do coming from a position of strength? They give up the butt.

So what would you have suggested re: ND? Let them play the ACC schedule but exclude them from a title game?

I imagine ND would have been fully accepted in another conference and the ACC considered the revenue $$$; maybe them joining permanently.

Advertisement
Advertisement
nah, this is all about Geography. If you switch ND for Clemson and FSU for BC we have a larger total travel distance but a less competitive schedule. Means nothing.
We are traveling more miles by far than any other team in ACC. They really got us on that

Excited to get a guaranteed shot at Clemson. Hopefully it's second half of the season. If our defense is properly coached we'll be top 2 at the end of the season.

So what would you have suggested re: ND? Let them play the ACC schedule but exclude them from a title game?

I imagine ND would have been fully accepted in another conference and the ACC considered the revenue $$$; maybe them joining permanently.
Good point. I want to make sure we're hitting on all cylinders, no excuses about breaking in a new offense or the players needing time to gel. If we go to Clemson late in the season, with no fans in attendance, we have ourselves a legitimate chance.

Advertisement
man this is how bad it’s gotten
Us fans are worried about that schedule
Before the start of every season I’m a homer
We go undefeated not a single team besides Clemson matches our talent
We finally have a modern offense
Defense should still be top 25 level
That’s more than enough for everyone besides Clemson and we’re going to an empty stadium this is perfect for us
The only thing to worry about that could derail our season is politics and covid

right, but that could be said about most teams under this conference-heavy format. And you didn't answer the question; outside Clemson, who do bet money to beat Miami this season?
Not really any of the elites though. I mean let's be honest and think of this rationally. In the last 10 years we have probably slightly better then a .500-600 Record against conference opponents. So that would equal a 5-5 to 6-4 record. We have had talented teams that have lost in that past. So before we see out new spread offense on the field and it proves it can be explosive I'm going to consider us a middle of the road ACC team.

Not really any of the elites though. I mean let's be honest and think of this rationally. In the last 10 years we have probably slightly better then a .500-600 Record against conference opponents. So that would equal a 5-5 to 6-4 record. We have had talented teams that have lost in that past. So before we see out new spread offense on the field and it proves it can be explosive I'm going to consider us a middle of the road ACC team.

Anyone can say this as well. So your projection is worthless until the season actually starts.

Also you project based on the last 10 years of ACC play, but you fail to project D'Eriq King, Brevin Jordan, Quincy Roche, GR15, the OL and Rhett Lashlee's impact on the team based on what they did last season?

Advertisement
BIG releases their schedules today. Hopefully ACC releases actual dates in the coming days for games.

BIG releases their schedules today. Hopefully ACC releases actual dates in the coming days for games.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back