ACC Schedule Model Released - Includes Miami @ Clemson

Advertisement
So no divisions this year right? Just two highest conference win totals to the championship game??

Also **** ND and the ACC for missing out on the cash cow game that would have been Miami vs ND

Cash cow how? TV would love it, yes. May not have fans, though.

I don’t understand this at all. The ACC literally bent over backwards to accommodate a school who seems to be making less with that NBC deal than they would if they became full time members. Last numbers I can find show every school got around 26ish million and ND got 5 or 6 from the conference tv deal. They get something like 3 from the CFP for basically no reason.

Do they get money from the pool of ACC bowl play? If not it seems like they chose an exclusive deal over more money to fully join. Somebody please tell me I’m missing a huge revenue stream for them and it’s not just pure arrogance.

So what will the conference records be of the 2 teams in Charlotte?

10-0 or 9-1 for Clemson
Another team would have to feel great at 8-2, no? Does 7-3 somehow sneak in there?
8-2 will be a great conference record in this climate, but still might not make it to Charlotte. 7-3 IMO has zero chance unless these teams just chew each other up

Advertisement
I wanted to play ND because I firmly believe we would whoop they ***...

I didn't want to play Clemson until the ACCCG (if we made it) because I assumed there would still be an Atlantic & Corstal division. Them eliminating the divisions to accommodate Notre Dame is what most people don't like & for good reason.

Either way, I'm not upset about having to play Clemson, I just think it wasn't the smartest football move to go play them in Death Valley rather than have a home game vs Duke.

I mean anything can happen & I love the challenge but we kinda just gave them the upper hand with that one. However, IF we somehow beat them in their house that would send shockwaves through college football & out on the recruiting trail that would give us an astronomical edge up for the 22 class.

Just gotta hope we don't get smacked around again lol.
"Corstal" gets me every **** time..

9087A8FF-6352-4DA6-A833-A7934C9731F7.gif

Advertisement
I don’t understand this at all. The ACC literally bent over backwards to accommodate a school who seems to be making less with that NBC deal than they would if they became full time members. Last numbers I can find show every school got around 26ish million and ND got 5 or 6 from the conference tv deal. They get something like 3 from the CFP for basically no reason.

Do they get money from the pool of ACC bowl play? If not it seems like they chose an exclusive deal over more money to fully join. Somebody please tell me I’m missing a huge revenue stream for them and it’s not just pure arrogance.
That's just for their football home games from NBC. I'm sure there's some other agreement between them and the ACC for away games and other sports.

That's just for their football home games from NBC. I'm sure there's some other agreement between them and the ACC for away games and other sports.

That’s what I thought the 6 mil was for. That was ND’s share of the ACC tv contract

Advertisement
Advertisement
That’s what I thought the 6 mil was for. That was ND’s share of the ACC tv contract
I'm not really sure. I haven't seen the full details of how the distribution is broken out.

Advertisement
Back