ACC Schedule Model Released - Includes Miami @ Clemson

Advertisement
LOL at letting fcking ND play in the ACC title game without being a conference member. ND needed the ACC; the ACC didn't need ND. So what does the ACC do coming from a position of strength? They give up the butt.

No, they get to split all of ND's NBC revenue doofus. AND, ND will be joining the ACC full time going forward.

Advertisement
So what will the conference records be of the 2 teams in Charlotte?

10-0 or 9-1 for Clemson
Another team would have to feel great at 8-2, no? Does 7-3 somehow sneak in there?

A couple days ago there was a thread where everyone wanted to play nd AND Clemson, excited af.. Of course real life schedule comes out and now ya *****ing about ACC screwed us, Schedule hard af, panties in a bunch, etc.. WTF..

Get it together!! Who else did ya think they were gonna fill the schedule with?! Its an all ACC schedule!
I wanted to play ND because I firmly believe we would whoop they ***...

I didn't want to play Clemson until the ACCCG (if we made it) because I assumed there would still be an Atlantic & Corstal division. Them eliminating the divisions to accommodate Notre Dame is what most people don't like & for good reason.

Either way, I'm not upset about having to play Clemson, I just think it wasn't the smartest football move to go play them in Death Valley rather than have a home game vs Duke.

I mean anything can happen & I love the challenge but we kinda just gave them the upper hand with that one. However, IF we somehow beat them in their house that would send shockwaves through college football & out on the recruiting trail that would give us an astronomical edge up for the 22 class.

Just gotta hope we don't get smacked around again lol.

OK here's the scoop on the non-con opponents:

The conference’s scheduling model, approved Wednesday by its Board of Governors as long as “public health guidance allows,” includes 10 conference games with one non-conference game. The non-conference game will be selected by each individual school and “must be played in the home state” of the ACC member. Additionally, the chosen non-conference opponent “must meet the medical protocol requirements as agreed upon by the ACC.”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Playing Clemson is both good and bad. With King this will be the best chance we have to beat them, until we have time to groom the guy after him. This is also the only year we’ll have Roche and Rousseau.

One REALLY good thing is that if the stadium capacity is reduced (or fans are eliminated entirely), it can really sap the advantage that Clemson has at home.

Advertisement
No away game is going to have 80,000 fans. So the home field road noise won’t be a factor. Also watching European soccer for the last month I’ve seen if the players take it seriously, precautions are in place, games can go on without Covid issues.

I wanted to play ND because I firmly believe we would whoop they ***...

I didn't want to play Clemson until the ACCCG (if we made it) because I assumed there would still be an Atlantic & Corstal division. Them eliminating the divisions to accommodate Notre Dame is what most people don't like & for good reason.

Either way, I'm not upset about having to play Clemson, I just think it wasn't the smartest football move to go play them in Death Valley rather than have a home game vs Duke.

I mean anything can happen & I love the challenge but we kinda just gave them the upper hand with that one. However, IF we somehow beat them in their house that would send shockwaves through college football & out on the recruiting trail that would give us an astronomical edge up for the 22 class.

Just gotta hope we don't get smacked around again lol.
I feel you, and its exactly what I was tryna say in that thread. Its a 10 page thread where everyone wanted to play both.. I tried to explain that we still tryna build and we dont need clemson on schedule. I dont think the schedule is that bad that we got.. When its all conference most teams will have tough games. I know some did luck out missing everyone but for most part its balance. Teams like Pitt and FSU got that work tho

Advertisement
Back