ACC Predictions & Best Bets

maurice3p

Senior
Earlier I did a preview of the ACC for 2023. I did some research and read through Phil Steele’s CFB Preview. And I’ll lock in some predictions for how I think this season will shake out.

ACC STANDINGS
1. FSU
2. Clemson
3. Miami
4. Duke
5. North Carolina

I see why people like Clemson to win the ACC, (8 returning starters on defense & top 10 D Line & top 15 defensive backfield). I just can’t get there with Klubnick the QB. Also, the weapons on the outside aren’t very good. They got exposed in the bowl game against Tennessee.

FSU is by bet to win the ACC & possible playoffs (+280 on DraftKings). They bring back almost everyone (8 on offense, 9 on defense) & they have a good QB in Travis. They can score in multiple ways.

Miami is my sleeper team, but that schedule is difficult, Texas A&M, Clemson, FSU, NC STATE & UNC. I can’t see Miami winning more than 8 games. I projected them as 8-4/9-3 MAX.

Miami has the best offensive line the ACC, experienced QB, & a projected top 10 defensive line in the entire country according to Phil Steele.

The only problem is, they have personnel that does not fit the scheme they wanna run. Offensive coordinator is an Air Raid guy, but they have a physical and big OL without many shifty WR’s to run it. I think the strength of the team will be the running game & stingy defense, even though they are unproven.

Best Bets:
FSU
to win ACC +185, make playoffs +280
UNC UNDER 8.5 wins -110
Miami OVER 7.5 wins +120
Clemson @ Duke +12/ Sprinkle ML
Duke OVER 6.5 wins +130

Dark Horse ACC Longshot bet:
Miami Hurricanes +2000
North Carolina +900

Advertisement
Not ACC related but I'm for sure taking SMU +370 to win their conference. They added some pretty decent guys from us.

Not ACC related but I'm for sure taking SMU +370 to win their conference. They added some pretty decent guys from us.
I’m going to do SEC, Big 10, Pac12, Big12, next. Smaller conferences will be wrapped into one.

SMU QB Tanner Mordecai transferred out. I like to bet on the best QB’s with returning players.

I’m not just saying this from a biased perspective, but is FSU really that good? I mean who did they beat in 2022? LSU is the only quality win from last year and it was LSU’s first game under Brian Kelly. If I remember correctly, LSU missed an extra point that would have sent the game to OT, so they had a ball bounce their way in that one.

Clemson took it to them before FSU made a late push towards the end. It wasn’t as close as the final score indicated. Clemson got rid of DJ for Klubnik so I’m assuming Dabo & Co know what they’re doing. Still a ton of talent at Clemson. I don’t see them being dethroned from the top of the ACC this year. FSU will compete, but I’m not buying the CFP/Heisman (Travis) talk.

Advertisement
I’m not just saying this from a biased perspective, but is FSU really that good? I mean who did they beat in 2022? LSU is the only quality win from last year and it was LSU’s first game under Brian Kelly. If I remember correctly, LSU missed an extra point that would have sent the game to OT, so they had a ball bounce their way in that one.

Clemson took it to them before FSU made a late push towards the end. It wasn’t as close as the final score indicated. Clemson got rid of DJ for Klubnik so I’m assuming Dabo & Co know what they’re doing. Still a ton of talent at Clemson. I don’t see them being dethroned from the top of the ACC this year. FSU will compete, but I’m not buying the CFP/Heisman (Travis) talk.
Yes FSU is really that good

Advertisement
Back