ACC Offends Officiating Crew

BuddyRyans46

Thunderdome
ACC suspends on-field officials, replay officials after wild Miami-Duke finish

The list of errors the ACC acknowledges:

• Replay official Andrew Panucci should have ruled Miami back Mark Walton was down before releasing the ball for another lateral. If the proper call had been made, the game would have ended in a Duke victory.

Said Duke coach David Cutcliffe after the game: "I'm going to just tell you like it is: I thought the guy was down. And I think pictures will prove me right."

• The on-field officials failed to penalize Miami for an illegal block in the back at the Miami 16-yard line. If called, the ball would have been placed at the Miami 8-yard line and the game would have been extended for an untimed down.

• The on-field crew failed to penalize Miami receiver Rashawn Scott for leaving the bench and running onto the field before the play ended. The penalty would not have negated the touchdown because it would have been enforced as a dead ball foul.

• The block in the back penalty that was called -- at the Duke 26-yard line -- was picked up after the officials conferred, which is appropriate. They correctly determined that the block was from the side. The replay official was not involved in the decision to pick up the flag; however, referee Jerry Magallanes did not effectively manage communication and properly explain why the flag was picked up.

Advertisement
All I care is that we won...kids deserved it.

As for Duke and the acc, they can go fug themselves with a large ***** gauntlet

Advertisement
:zcZKQmRItjDsoaq.jpg:zcZKQmRItjDsoaq.jpg:zcZKQmRItjDsoaq.jpg:zcZKQmRItjDsoaq.jpg:zcZKQmRItjDsoaq.jpg:zcZKQmRItjDsoaq.jpg:zcZKQmRItjDsoaq.jpg:zcZKQmRItjDsoaq.jpg:zcZKQmRItjDsoaq.jpg:zcZKQmRItjDsoaq.jpg:zcZKQmRItjDsoaq.jpg:zcZKQmRItjDsoaq.jpg:zcZKQmRItjDsoaq.jpg

Well, if we're going to make a list, ACC, then why don't you dissect the entire game?

• Replay official Andrew Panucci should have ruled Miami back Mark Walton was down before releasing the ball for another lateral. If the proper call had been made, the game would have ended in a Duke victory.

Said Duke coach David Cutcliffe after the game: "I'm going to just tell you like it is: I thought the guy was down. And I think pictures will prove me right."

• The on-field officials failed to penalize Miami for an illegal block in the back at the Miami 16-yard line. If called, the ball would have been placed at the Miami 8-yard line and the game would have been extended for an untimed down.

• The on-field crew failed to penalize Miami receiver Rashawn Scott for leaving the bench and running onto the field before the play ended. The penalty would not have negated the touchdown because it would have been enforced as a dead ball foul.

• The block in the back penalty that was called -- at the Duke 26-yard line -- was picked up after the officials conferred, which is appropriate. They correctly determined that the block was from the side. The replay official was not involved in the decision to pick up the flag; however, referee Jerry Magallanes did not effectively manage communication and properly explain why the flag was picked up.

Advertisement
What about all those PI calls on Duke's last possession. The fact they are only talking about the last play and nothing else tells me what their concerned with, Miami getting a win

Well, if we're going to make a list, ACC, then why don't you dissect the entire game?

Advertisement
Go ahead and review it. Review the whole **** game and get back to us. Sanctimonious pricks.

It would be refreshing for the ACC to suspend the crew for an exceptionally poor officiating job on both sides of the ball. But no, it's all about Miami getting favorites. Cause that happens all the time. They don't just do it to us either. FSU also gets hosed by Tobacco Road.

Miami and FSU should pull up stakes and join the Big 12.

Advertisement
They're suspended with all the talk about the last play so people won't dig to deep into how ****** rigged this game was. That last drive is about as bad as it gets.

Advertisement
Back