ACC National Seeds

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Big night for teams vying for a host spot. Bama, Texas, OK St, Oreg St, all lose. WVU down 5 in the 7th is a likely loss as well. Auburn tied with Vandy at the halfway mark. There will be a couple spots for the taking.

With none of these looking like they’ll improve their resumes (barring 3 wins in a row from any of them), with a win tomorrow, I think the worst we get slotted is 12.

Two, Wake and Clemson.

Two more, UVA and us hosting regionals. I like UVA more than Clemson but you play a whole season for a reason and earn your merit along the way.

I had some commentary written about Duke and BC with comparisons to 2022 Notre Dame deja vu, brain pain behind my left ear and the flaring off of natural gas but I scrubbed them for this abbreviated, yet still uncalled for, paragraph. They’re not hosting.

Wake, Clemson and UVA are all top 8 locks.

We will host no matter what we do, and BC maybe if they make it to the semis.

Host consideration teams have been losing all week at conference tourneys, so there are spots for the taking.

New D1 projection out this am:

Key info:

Wake is #1 seed.
Clemson is #5 seed.
UVA is #8 seed.
Miami is #13 seed (paired with LSU in supers).
Boston College is the #14 seed.

Duke and UNC are #2 seeds.
NCST and Notre Dame (last four in) are #3 seeds.

Nine teams in.

With conference tournaments in full swing around the country, we will be updating our projections daily leading up to Selection Monday. As we enter Thursday’s action, there are two big storylines: Will the ultra-soft bubble harden a little bit today? Which teams in the 13-16 range will bolster their hosting chances today?

Looking at the top eight seeds, there’s no change in terms of the eight teams. However, we did flip Clemson and Stanford after the two teams won games on Wednesday. The Tigers are five spots ahead of the Cardinal and the metrics continue to be in their favor. But again, that’s a minor change.

In terms of the 9-16 hosts, we continue to feel like Auburn and Alabama are helping their jockeying positions with impressive showings so far this week in Hoover, while Kentucky remains in the Top 16 with its superior RPI of 2 and strong across the board metrics. The Big 12 continues to be a mess with all three contenders — West Virginia, Oklahoma State and Texas — dropping into the 20s. The Longhorns might be in the worst spot at 27, while OSU and WVU actually play in an elimination game on Thursday. All three of those teams need wins. We inserted South Carolina and Indiana State. The Gamecocks need to beat A&M this morning to feel confident, while Indiana State is an interesting test case. The committee loves schedule intent, and the Sycamores scheduled the No. 3 non-conference strength of schedule to go with a Top 10 RPI. That sparks this question: If Indiana State can’t host with those two metrics in their favor, when will it ever host? With no other contenders standing out right now, the Sycamores could end up being in a strong position with more Big 12 carnage today.

The SEC has the most projected bids with 10. The ACC is next with 9, followed by the Big 12 with seven of nine teams making the field. The Pac-12 is next up with six bids, while the Sun Belt and Big Ten each have three teams in the field, with the Big West having two in UCSB and UC Irvine. The Colonial is the only other league with multiple bids, and that’s with two in Northeastern and UNC Wilmington (the projected auto bid winner).

Advertisement
New D1 projection out this am:

Key info:

Wake is #1 seed.
Clemson is #5 seed.
UVA is #8 seed.
Miami is #13 seed (paired with LSU in supers).
Boston College is the #14 seed.

Duke and UNC are #2 seeds.
NCST and Notre Dame (last four in) are #3 seeds.

Nine teams in.

With conference tournaments in full swing around the country, we will be updating our projections daily leading up to Selection Monday. As we enter Thursday’s action, there are two big storylines: Will the ultra-soft bubble harden a little bit today? Which teams in the 13-16 range will bolster their hosting chances today?

Looking at the top eight seeds, there’s no change in terms of the eight teams. However, we did flip Clemson and Stanford after the two teams won games on Wednesday. The Tigers are five spots ahead of the Cardinal and the metrics continue to be in their favor. But again, that’s a minor change.

In terms of the 9-16 hosts, we continue to feel like Auburn and Alabama are helping their jockeying positions with impressive showings so far this week in Hoover, while Kentucky remains in the Top 16 with its superior RPI of 2 and strong across the board metrics. The Big 12 continues to be a mess with all three contenders — West Virginia, Oklahoma State and Texas — dropping into the 20s. The Longhorns might be in the worst spot at 27, while OSU and WVU actually play in an elimination game on Thursday. All three of those teams need wins. We inserted South Carolina and Indiana State. The Gamecocks need to beat A&M this morning to feel confident, while Indiana State is an interesting test case. The committee loves schedule intent, and the Sycamores scheduled the No. 3 non-conference strength of schedule to go with a Top 10 RPI. That sparks this question: If Indiana State can’t host with those two metrics in their favor, when will it ever host? With no other contenders standing out right now, the Sycamores could end up being in a strong position with more Big 12 carnage today.

The SEC has the most projected bids with 10. The ACC is next with 9, followed by the Big 12 with seven of nine teams making the field. The Pac-12 is next up with six bids, while the Sun Belt and Big Ten each have three teams in the field, with the Big West having two in UCSB and UC Irvine. The Colonial is the only other league with multiple bids, and that’s with two in Northeastern and UNC Wilmington (the projected auto bid winner).
No Super pairing would be easy, but I would take LSU over almost anyone else. Maybe Stanford, but that wouldn’t happen for obvious reasons.

Texas is officially out of hosting. Embarrassing showing by them at the B12 tourney. If South Carolina continues to get blown at here against A&M, they’re in serious trouble of losing their spot. Hard to argue for having 3 sites in South Carolina, when the last one is borderline. But SEC gonna SEC.

Texas is officially out of hosting. Embarrassing showing by them at the B12 tourney. If South Carolina continues to get blown at here against A&M, they’re in serious trouble of losing their spot. Hard to argue for having 3 sites in South Carolina, when the last one is borderline. But SEC gonna SEC.
South Carolina’s problem could end up being that they’d be the third site in South Carolina and the 8th site from the SEC. The committee might be fine with one of the those but maybe not both. Then again, shiny RPI.

Advertisement
South Carolina’s problem could end up being that they’d be the third site in South Carolina and the 8th site from the SEC. The committee might be fine with one of the those but maybe not both. Then again, shiny RPI.
Absolutely. That’s why I said SEC gonna SEC. That RPI is gonna hold weight. You should be rewarded for playing in a good league. It’s gonna take DBU, UCONN or Ind St winning their conf tourney to edge them out. I can’t see there not being a host site in Texas. It’s there for DBU to take it. Brings BC back in the discussion as well. Im sure the committee would love for there to be a Northeast site.

Absolutely. That’s why I said SEC gonna SEC. That RPI is gonna hold weight. You should be rewarded for playing in a good league. It’s gonna take DBU, UCONN or Ind St winning their conf tourney to edge them out. I can’t see there not being a host site in Texas. It’s there for DBU to take it. Brings BC back in the discussion as well. Im sure the committee would love for there to be a Northeast site.
Yeah...I think South Carolina has lost the chance to host a regional.

Advertisement
Back