ACC Football: 5 Underrated Players to Watch This Spring

1CN

Sophomore
, RB, Miami Hurricanes
1. Joseph Yearby, RB, Miami HurricanesUSA TODAY Sports
It's safe to assume that Joseph Yearby is only underrated to those outside of Coral Gables. For those who don't know Yearby just yet, you'll probably start to believe the hype by around halftime of Miami's opener against Bethune-Cookman.

Yearby is a serious playmaker, but he was sitting behind Duke Johnson last season. The rising sophomore only carried the ball 86 times in 2014, but when he got his chances, he made the most of them.

Yearby finished the year with 509 yards, a 5.9 yard-per-carry average and a touchdown. He also tacked on 118 yards and a score as a receiver.

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/s...64759c428551c_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

Since it was tough for the Hurricanes to not give the ball to Johnson on a consistent basis, Yearby simply had to remain patient last season. His patience will pay off this year, though, as he'll be the go-to option in the run game for Miami with Johnson headed to the NFL.

With the Hurricanes losing playmakers in their passing game such as Phillip Dorsett and Clive Walford, expect Yearby to also get plenty of catches in 2015. His impressive 14.8 yards per reception shows us his versatility, and fans should expect to see a whole lot of the talented sophomore next season.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2399225-acc-football-5-underrated-players-to-watch-this-spring

Advertisement
Why do we need to watch them this spring? Did they start counting spring games as part of the regular season schedule?

Bleacher Report. Lulz.

I was going to reply that B/R has really cleaned up their act and actually employ "real" sports writers like Ethan Skolnick these days, but then I saw that the guy who wrote that is the owner of a frozen yogurt shop.

Advertisement
Why do you hate excessive toppings?

I think Yerby has a great season. He had comparable stats to Cook, but Cook was featured at the end of the season.
I feel pretty good about the running game, as far as the backs are concerned, for next year.

Both Yearby and Gustavo go for over 1000 yards this season. Gonna look like Barry Word and Christian Okoye.

If anything of substance about this team is based on the BCC game, we're gonna win around 3 games.

Advertisement
Back