ACC Coastal Chaos

407cane

All-ACC
Absolute insanity

Only three coaches remaining from last year and two are losing their all-world QB's in Sam Howell and Kenny Pickett, and GT is terrible

there is NO reason why we shouldn't own the coastal from day 1, maybe even the ACC if Clemson loses Elliot (likely to UVA or DUKE) and even Dabo (less likely)

Every team is essentially starting at square 1 and we have the most talent

Advertisement
Advertisement
Spoiler Alert --

The ACC is about to undergo a makeover and the power structure is about to change.

I'm not sure yall understand how big Venables leaving Clemson is. While Clemson still has a decided talent advantage over the league, their advantage is dwindling by the day. This season wasn't JUST a down season for Dabo and the boys. And...I'd put a few bucks on a wager that says Dabo isn't the coach there next year, just because its not 0%.

The time is now for Miami. You wanna be byke? Well...opportunity knocks.

Spoiler Alert --

The ACC is about to undergo a makeover and the power structure is about to change.

I'm not sure yall understand how big Venables leaving Clemson is. While Clemson still has a decided talent advantage over the league, their advantage is dwindling by the day. This season wasn't JUST a down season for Dabo and the boys. And...I'd put a few bucks on a wager that says Dabo isn't the coach there next year, just because its not 0%.

Dabo was one of the best analog coaches in the game but he's refused to adapt to the new digital landscape of college football. Over the past 2 seasons Clemson has lost ~20 players to The Portal and taken zero.

Either he adapts or will resign within the next year or two, as you note.

Advertisement
"Relaxing December" for Pitts and UNC? LMAO, you gotta recruit against Mario. GOOD LUCK.

Absolute insanity

Only three coaches remaining from last year and two are losing their all-world QB's in Sam Howell and Kenny Pickett, and GT is terrible

there is NO reason why we shouldn't own the coastal from day 1, maybe even the ACC if Clemson loses Elliot (likely to UVA or DUKE) and even Dabo (less likely)

Every team is essentially starting at square 1 and we have the most talent

Every day Mack Brown is still coaching at UNC they're getting worse.

Pitt losing Kenny Pickett and UNC losing Sam Howell. They're in for rough years next year.

Advertisement
Spoiler Alert --

Agree, the wheels may be starting to fall off for them. It's hard to keep up a dynasty. It kinda feels like they are where we were at the end of 2003 - still plenty of talent, but on the downswing. Or even FSU immediately post-Crab Legs......Lawrence and Etienne may have been their Winston and Cook.

Advertisement
I don’t expect it us to win it, but I have a feeling we’ll be preseason favorites to win the Coastal.

Dabo was one of the best analog coaches in the game but he's refused to adapt to the new digital landscape of college football. Over the past 2 seasons Clemson has lost ~20 players to The Portal and taken zero.

Either he adapts or will resign within the next year or two, as you note.

One other wrinkle - UMs rise coupled with Clemsons decline helps us with the Tobacco Road referee ***** jobs. ACC commish knows he needs some team to be competitive to keep espns interest. A UM team competing for a playoff spot does that. The refs weren't going to do a a ****ty UM team any favors. But if UM is the only team the ACC can pin its tv rating hopes on, I think the commish will put his thumb on the scales and tell the refs to stop f#cking us.

Advertisement
Back