ACC Class Rankings 7-2-21 UPDATE (Only place to go is up!)

Those rankings are wrong. It says FSU has 2 5 Stars.

It's been made very clear to me here that's impossible unless coming off a 10 win season.

New coach aroma at a historically power team.

-See Shannon (2008)
-See Golden (2012)
-Diaz (2021)

Richt was the lone exception, as he 5 star came after the 2017 season.

Advertisement
Everybody has to deal with this. Lots of schools over 85 right now. It’s no excuse. We need to show some guys the door just like everybody else.
As of two weeks ago commitments for the 2022 season were down 75% nationwide from this point a year ago. One ACC team (not Miami, FSU, or Clemson) technically would be over the 85 man limit in 2022 and not be able to sign anyone. FSU’s probably one of the few teams that can sign a full class given their attrition.

It’s likely not the only factor, but it had to be a factor at this point.

As of two weeks ago commitments for the 2022 season were down 75% nationwide from this point a year ago. One ACC team (not Miami, FSU, or Clemson) technically would be over the 85 man limit in 2022 and not be able to sign anyone. FSU’s probably one of the few teams that can sign a full class given their attrition.

It’s likely not the only factor, but it had to be a factor at this point.
Good stuff here. I'm still impatient and want some commits but definitely puts it into perspective.

We'll probably see some very small classes this year because of the COVID rule allowing seniors to return. I feel like next year's NFL draft is going to be loaded because so many players decided to come back for that extra year.

You forgot Miami pulled two five stars after going 6-7? It was literally just last year.
It was a bad joke. Some people here act like it's absolutely necessary for us to get more wins before we can get 5 star players.

There are teams that pull 5 star guys coming off bad years all the time. As you pointed out, we're one of them.

The trick is stacking them 2, 3, 4 years in a row. Hopefully we pull that off this year.

Advertisement
It was a bad joke. Some people here act like it's absolutely necessary for us to get more wins before we can get 5 star players.

There are teams that pull 5 star guys coming off bad years all the time. As you pointed out, we're one of them.

The trick is stacking them 2, 3, 4 years in a row. Hopefully we pull that off this year.
Gotcha. I’ve always felt coaches have a small honeymoon period where they can still sell recruits on the program without on field results but eventually they have to start winning consistently. That’s why it’s hard to stack multiple top classes. Eventually you better start winning 10 games if you think 5 star kids are going to want to play for you. The best salesman can only sell a crappy product for so long before the public catches on.

Just letting you know a month and a half ago that was the same line of thought. They just said June 1.
There was also a thread claiming all kinds of commits expected in June. Yet here we are with two still.
Hopefully we get a string of them soon, but until then I’m a bit concerned.
You know we are still in the month of June right?

Advertisement
I'm golfing early tomorrow. I expect to drink a decent amount of beers on the course and afterwards.

The saying "golfing is a good walk spoiled" applies to me, it ****es me off to no end.

Angry Golf GIF

We down to 1? In the Quan Lee Thread talk it's all "get to stepping" "he ain't that good no how" "he was just a placeholder" "drama queen" talk. Quan about to drop us?

Advertisement
We down to 1? In the Quan Lee Thread talk it's all "get to stepping" "he ain't that good no how" "he was just a placeholder" "drama queen" talk. Quan about to drop us?
More evidence of why nobody should get so worked up about verbal commits at this point. Whether a team has 2 or 20 in June, **** will change a lot between now and ESD.

That said (and as I previously stated), I still expect to have closer to half our class (7-10 recruits) verbally committed (to us) by Labor Day weekend. By then, if our targets are committing elsewhere and we're sitting at a handful of commits or less, I'll be among the concerned.

But today? Meh. I'm more concerned about the bourbon menu at the steakhouse I'm having dinner tonight. That's a real, tangible ******* concern.

More evidence of why nobody should get so worked up about verbal commits at this point. Whether a team has 2 or 20 in June, **** will change a lot between now and ESD.

That said (and as I previously stated), I still expect to have closer to half our class (7-10 recruits) verbally committed (to us) by Labor Day weekend. By then, if our targets are committing elsewhere and we're sitting at a handful of commits or less, I'll be among the concerned.

But today? Meh. I'm more concerned about the bourbon menu at the steakhouse I'm having dinner tonight. That's a real, tangible ******* concern.
Put me in the boat of rather having 20 verbals than 2, even on June 18th. But yes, it is still just June.

Enjoy your bourbon and steak, I recommend a fatty ribeye medium rare paired with several glasses of Whistle Pig Rye, neat.

Advertisement

**** yea dude. There's more pressing matters in life now. Like what kind of beer will I drink during my round tomorrow and what time do I clock in?

We are up to #9 in the ACC and our average player rating is #4 in the ACC

#Climbing

Advertisement
Back