ACC Class Rankings 7-2-21 UPDATE (Only place to go is up!)

Advertisement
Looks bad now but show me this in September right around the season opener. Only 3 commits but all good quality. Just for perspective, Clemson, UNC, and GT only have 8 commits. FSU is the outlier with 14 but we all know how that will turn out. I think we will be around 8 by Bama game with high quality commits who are all in.

Looks bad now but show me this in September right around the season opener. Only 3 commits but all good quality. Just for perspective, Clemson, UNC, and GT only have 8 commits. FSU is the outlier with 14 but we all know how that will turn out. I think we will be around 8 by Bama game with high quality commits who are all in.
Very possible, just an update. Hopefully we start climbing soon.

Are we only expecting a 15-18 recruit class?

If we are then only having 7-8 by the first game might make sense. And who are those recruits? Of the July recruits committing it looks like we only have a legit shot at maybe 4-5.

Of the guys we are tracking a LOT seem to be riding this out till the ESD or are committed somewhere.

Advertisement
Uncertainty about what the NCAA will do about "super seniors" in 2022. We're over 85 scholarships presently. It's uncertain how many below 85 we will be in 2022. If the NCAA does not grant waivers, we either have to cut existing players or cut way back on incoming high school players and portal transfers.
Covered this in the counters/spots thread. We likely have room for around 16 as of today. We will see some transfer or depart for the NFL getting us to the 23.

I think it’s reasonable to start to be concerned with the Bissainthe situation, Cull pushing out his date, and the latest rumors about Durant and Spells, We’ll know a lot more by mid July with some key targets announcing. It would be helpful to see a few more guys on our board by then.

Advertisement
I think it’s reasonable to start to be concerned with the Bissainthe situation, Cull pushing out his date, and the latest rumors about Durant and Spells, We’ll know a lot more by mid July with some key targets announcing. It would be helpful to see a few more guys on our board by then.
When I posted this a month ago, I was savaged (and negged repeatedly) by the CIS experts who were sure the Manny was playing 6-d chess not checkers. I am still puzzled by our three commitment. Fingers crossed.

Anytime a target pushes back his commitment date it does not bode well for us.

Getting the 2 from central will stop the bleeding but those 2 are 50/50 FSU.

We need to get the ball rolling in short order. Maybe our staff has a much bigger board? But as it stands we are not looking to good for the guys in July.

Advertisement
Back