ACC Championship Game...

Advertisement
1- I don't believe a 1 loss unc team can make the playoff, not from the ACC.
2- Wouldn't be terribly surprised either way in this game, but unc hasn't played a defense like this and i think they'll get shut down.

2- Wouldn't be terribly surprised either way in this game, but unc hasn't played a defense like this and i think they'll get shut down.

I don't doubt that you are right but it would be interesting to see them keep a 1 loss conference champion out of the playoff when there is talk of OSU possibly getting back in if Clemson or Alabama lose next weekend. Ohio State had an equally embarrassing schedule and has looked like garbage all year until this weekend when they got their best win by far against a 3 loss Michigan team. While North Carolina has looked dominant for the most part after the season opening loss and would have knocked off undefeated #1 Clemson.

NCST put 40 points on that Defense - if UNC doesnt turn the ball over --- it will be close in the 4th Quarter ---- and I think Larry F is a much better coach than Dabo

Advertisement
will be one of the better conf title games next weekend if not the best. ACC will likely have the officials from Miami vs Duke game calling it being that the game is in North Carolina. guessing that the attendance will also be up for this one compared to years past.

Now that would be the ultimate in Clemsoning.

How so? Losing to a top 10 team who has won 11 in a row?

Bc Clemson would be squandering an oppurtunity to be going to the playoff as the clear #1 . It's a letdown. Which Clemson is notorious for.. Let downs.

Like letting West Virginia lay 70 pts. on them in the Orange Bowl a few years ago?

There is plenty of examples.. Hence the term "Clemsoning". I think they get over the hump this year and get to the MNC. Not sure if they'll win though.

I don't doubt that you are right but it would be interesting to see them keep a 1 loss conference champion out of the playoff when there is talk of OSU possibly getting back in if Clemson or Alabama lose next weekend. Ohio State had an equally embarrassing schedule and has looked like garbage all year until this weekend when they got their best win by far against a 3 loss Michigan team. While North Carolina has looked dominant for the most part after the season opening loss and would have knocked off undefeated #1 Clemson.

I don't have much of a feel yet for what the committee will do (I haven't paid much attention as it has nothing to do with us), I'm more used to the polls. In my experience, poll voters love a name they know. 2 loss OSU or Alabama would sound better than 1 loss UNC. I'm just used to a football world in which being from the SEC means that your 2 loss team is as good as an undefeated ACC team in the eyes of voters. As I say though, I'm not familiar with how the committee rolls.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back