ACC Championship Game

OldhamA

Senior
Clemson 7-0 already on the first drive of the game.

Is this even going to be close?

Advertisement
Advertisement
VT looks really good. They will be a pain in the *** in the coming years.

How is this possible? Fuente is nothing special, he's nowhere in the same league as Richt according to many on this board.

How is this possible? Fuente is nothing special, he's nowhere in the same league as Richt according to many on this board.

Could you provide a link to the posts that say Fuente isn't in the same league as Richt? Thanks in advance.

The reality is that he's a good up and coming coach who had some nice wins as well as some head-scratching losses. Al Golden he is not. But he also isn't the next Saban.

I think VT will be a problem for a while. They are well coached on both sides of the ball. They just don't have the athletes Clemson does.

Advertisement
Fuente has a one year (actually 12.5 game) sample size as a Power 5 head coach. Furthermore he hasn't coached with his own recruits yet. I'm sure Fuente's not a bad coach but I'm really not sold on him being anything fantastic.

Could you provide a link to the posts that say Fuente isn't in the same league as Richt? Thanks in advance.

The reality is that he's a good up and coming coach who had some nice wins as well as some head-scratching losses. Al Golden he is not. But he also isn't the next Saban.

Not going to do that, but the impression from many on this board is most certainly that Richt was unquestionably the better hire. They say it with such confidence and devotion to Richt. When the fact of the matter is that Fuente has the more impressive recent resume and could easily be considered the better hire.

My main laughing point is just how quickly people on here fall in line like sheep and blindly devote themselves to defend any criticism on Richt.

Fuente has a one year (actually 12.5 game) sample size as a Power 5 head coach. Furthermore he hasn't coached with his own recruits yet. I'm sure Fuente's not a bad coach but I'm really not sold on him being anything fantastic.

He has more quality P5 wins in the past 2 years than this program can claim.

Not going to do that, but the impression from many on this board is most certainly that Richt was unquestionably the better hire. They say it with such confidence and devotion to Richt. When the fact of the matter is that Fuente has the more impressive recent resume and could easily be considered the better hire.

My main laughing point is just how quickly people on here fall in line like sheep and blindly devote themselves to defend any criticism on Richt.

Maybe some people want to root for our team and support the head coach that we do have. Fuente might turn out to be the better coach. He might turn out to be Brady Hoke. But hoping for Miami losses so that people can be right on a message board seems like a weird way to live as a fan.

Advertisement

Good for him. Should we just fold our program? Or is it okay to recruit and coach and try to get better?

Good for him. Should we just fold our program? Or is it okay to recruit and coach and try to get better?

Jesus Christ man get a hold of yourself

Maybe some people want to root for our team and support the head coach that we do have. Fuente might turn out to be the better coach. He might turn out to be Brady Hoke. But hoping for Miami losses so that people can be right on a message board seems like a weird way to live as a fan.

What?? Dude you're delusional

Advertisement
Some people on here root a lot more for being right than they do for the canes. Even if it means the canes lose, they can then make their miserable little lives better by claiming to be right. These are the same imbeciles that don't really attend games and are half-*** armchair fans. They wear the t-shirts when we win, otherwise they're big zeros. Message boards are littered with these loser "fans"

What?? Dude you're delusional

Why not keep it at an adult level. Which part do you disagree with?

Your last sentence is completely ridiculous and why you wrote that is beyond me. If you see fans who aren't rolling down the red carpet for a coach as not supporting the team and rooting for losses then let's just leave it like that.

Fuentes has kept VT in this game. These guys are going to be a problem going forward. They are starting to wear down Clemson.

Advertisement
Back