ACC Champ Game 2017?

Playing FSU every year has put us in a bind in the Coastal. I know we play anyone anytime . . . blah blah blah. Fact is it left us no margin for error, and we had plenty of errors.

To win the Coastal we have to be 1-2 games better than the rest of the Coastal.

True but both VT and GT plays Clemson this year... GT also plays Clemson every season and has still won the coastal 4 times since we joined the conference.

Last edited:
Advertisement
No. We cannot win the Coastal in 2017.

IF we dont let a GT, Pitt, etc upset us, we still have too many mathematical stone cold lock ACC losses. 5-3 is our ACC ceiling. Same ol', same ol'

VT takes a step back

They took a huge step forward in '16. The program was way behind us, even with Folden, and it took Fuentes all of 5 minutes to pass us by and leave us in the dust.

"But...but...they will have a new QB next year!" LOL! So will we, and its not like we did ANYTHING on offense with a 3 year starter. They will find a QB who will outplay ours in '17. Bank on it.

VT takes a step back

They took a huge step forward in '16. The program was way behind us, even with Folden, and it took Fuentes all of 5 minutes to pass us by and leave us in the dust.

"But...but...they will have a new QB next year!" LOL! So will we, and its not like we did ANYTHING on offense with a 3 year starter. They will find a QB who will outplay ours in '17. Bank on it.

Bucky Hodges was a factor I was I thinking of as well.

Advertisement
I am new here so forgive if this was talked about already....can Miami Football play to their side of the conference in terms of ACC Title game?I think they can legit can win this thing with that Dline. Thoughts?

Going to be hard with a first year QB...

I am new here so forgive if this was talked about already....can Miami Football play to their side of the conference in terms of ACC Title game?I think they can legit can win this thing with that Dline. Thoughts?

Lmao...whoever wins the coastal will have a qb starting for the first time. Almost the whole division is replacing qbs.

VT takes a step back

That 3 year starter is the reason we didn't do anything on offense

kayak doesn't have an alpha bone in his body

Advertisement
Kayaa made such a mistake

I know, he should've never thrown that pass before half against FSU. We could've took the 3 pts on a FG, instead, McFadden picked it off and those points were possibly the difference in the game.

Still smh about that pass.

I think he meant Kayaa should have ignored Coley telling him to let Yearby throw the ball in the snow. So true, Kayaa keeps the ball we win that stupid bowl game.

Has the game been moved back to Charlotte or will remain in Orlando?

Depends on if the HB2 law gets reversed I would imagine.

Saw it mentioned somewhere that it won't be in North Carolina for the next few years disirregardless of a repeal or not. The headline was something like " ACC Championship Game Won't Return to Charlotte Until 2020 At the Earliest". Don't hold me to the date but that was the gist of the headline.

O-T-O-W-N put on a helluva party an the game is not leaving for a while if it all! I am so proud of my adopted home! No one, I repeat no one does hospitality like Orlando! An now that we have upgraded our local venue's a lot more sporting events will be coming to Orlando. The Pro Bowl sold out for both of the last two years it has been in Orlando!

Orlando is like that 9 you see at the bar with the big O'le Florida booty, and North Carolina let the ACCCG spend one night with that 9 from the bar and now the ACCCG is not going back home because the grass is definitely greener in Orlando!

Go Canes

lake-eola2-1509009.jpg

Orlando in December vs North Carolina! LMAO
downtownorlando.jpg

Last edited:
The ACCCG doesn't regularly pull crowds like this in Charlotte, NC but in Orlando things are different with the backing of Disney and the Metro Orlando Area. I can't wait for Miami to play in the ACCCG game here! The Bowl Game was a great showing for the Canes Fans as well.

20160929135606_16_17_fbl_fcgannouncement_1280x720_jpg

Last edited:
Last year the ACC was QB deep. Not we have a bunch of rooks going, while promising they're untested. That dude in Louisville and that's it. We need to beatdown FSU and take the fuggin' Coastal. We can't fail. Need the big MO to launch us to a 'Chip run!

Advertisement

So you think it's going to come down to Virginia and Duke? Because everyone else will be breaking in a new QB.

Advertisement
Back