ACC Begins Search for New Commissioner

I swear you're like Wikipedia meets Yoda for all things football.
No doubt.
4c316ea2ae01be634bc9783ca982f55f.jpg

Advertisement
I think he'd be the best choice because he wouldn't be overly biased towards Duke & North Carolina & he wouldn't be anti-Miami either... Because one thing about Clemson, they cannot stand the other Carolina schools.

He's also well versed & experienced in being a big time revenue generator & would a better negotiator to get the ACC a more lucrative TV deal for the ACC Network. He'd push hard for us to compete with the SEC in terms of overall earnings.

And just off the fact he's not a Swofford flunkie or a Notre Lame sympathizer makes him perfect for the job lol.
I too, would love this pick, as it would have the dual effect of putting in a figure who isn't hostile to Miami, and at the same time, would take away from Clemson a person who has contributed to turning them into a juggernaut. It's logical, as was noted, if Clemson doesn't have someone on the advisory committee, it could be indicative the committee has a candidate from there already.

I'm just elated we won't have to deal with John Soft-**** by this time next year, as I am still bitter about his complete silence defending Miami when it became clear the NCAA was using every corrupt practice trying to take us down. I will never understand joining a conference that does not defend all of its teams when they are clearly being treated unfairly by investigators, and the cost of that would have been immense revenue lost for the entire conference, not just Miami, had they been successful.

Advertisement
It's not conspiracy at all. Swofford was a boss in those negotiations. They were already going to be hiring the ND AD as his replacement. That's been in the works for a while. But Swofford bent ND over. They said, you can either agree to join the conference full time and share your TV revenue, or you can miss the football season. ND agreed but they want to control the timing of the announcement. To save pride, they want to make it seem like it was fully their decision rather than being pinned in a corner. Just wait. If the season gets played, toward the end of the season, ND will make an announcement to the effect of, "This season has been a great success playing with our partners in the ACC. For that reason, we have decided to join the ACC as a full member for football starting with the 2021 season."

I'll believe it when I see it. If that ever happens, I'll take back most of the negative things I've ever said about the ACC - getting Notre Dame to join full time would be a major win for the conference.

But my bet is they don't join full time. Maybe they increase the number of conference games while remaining independent, but if they actually join full time, I would be amazed.

I think it will be Dan Radakovich.

He's been the current AD at Clemson for 8 years, was AD at GTech for 6 years & started out as a business manager in the athletic department at Miami back during the beginning of the Jimmy Johnson era, he got his MBA from Miami.

He also served on the CFB Playoff committee back in 2017 & has been a phenemonal in revenue generating for Clemson, he got them a 10 year $60million dollar deal with Nike & has doubled their Athletic department revenue & made them into a money making machine over the last 8 years.

Another solid candidate would be Michael Kelly, he's the current AD at USF, was AD at Wake Forest for a number years, was COO of the CFB Playoff, was the lead executive for the 3 different Super Bowl host committees for SB 35 in Tampa Bay, SB 39 in Jacksonville & SB 41 in Miami. He also got the CFBP in Tampa in the 2017 season as the COO of the CFBP committee. He started out as an intern with the Marlins & got his Masters at St. Thomas University in Miami Gardens.

It would be great to shift the power in this conference to more a Florida friendly advocate instead of allowing Jack Swarbrick to come in & have Notre Lame take over the conference.

I assume Swofford will just make sure they hand it off to one of his UNC cronies that he's put in power to help him run the ACC for all these years, but if this conference ever wants to compete with SEC in terms of revenue generating they have to pull it out of the grasps of the Tobacco Road Mafia & let the cash cows in the conference call the shots.
When they tell you, “No one even knew who he was before last week!.”

Tell’em well, someone did...

Advertisement
Back