ACC Begins Search for New Commissioner

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
The ACC is about to begin the year-long search for a new Commissioner to replace John Swofford who retired. The plan is to have a new Commissioner in place by Summer 2021. Issues which will face the new Commissioner include the NIL legislation, future TV contracts and financials, etc.

Turnkey Search, a division of Turnkey Sports & Entertainment , has been hired to support the conference Advisory Committee in this search. They will spend the next month putting together the opinions, suggestions and other input from the newly formed 20 member Advisory Committee in order to put together a list of possible candidates. These candidates will review these suggestions, interview them and forward the list of finalists to the full 15 member ACC Board of Directors for their decision.

Advisory Committee Members include:

John Thrasher, President, Florida State University
Kevin Guskiewicz, Chancellor, University of North Carolina
Rev. John Jenkins, President, University of Notre Dame Co Chair
Timothy Sands, President, Virginia Tech
Nathan Hatch, President, Wake Forest University Co Chair

Kevin White, Athletics Director, Duke University
Blake James, Athletics Director, University of Miami
Heather Lyke, Athletics Director, University of Pittsburgh
John Wildhack, Athletics Director, Syracuse University
Carla Williams, Athletics Director, University of Virginia

Morgan Jones, Student-Athlete, Florida State University (Women’s Basketball)
Rachel Jones, Student-Athlete, University of North Carolina (Women’s Soccer)
Leon Krapf, Student-Athlete, North Carolina State University (Men’s Soccer)
Jack Sheehan, Student-Athlete, University of Notre Dame (Baseball)
Kingsley Jonathan, Student-Athlete, Syracuse University (Football)

And 5 representatives from the Women's Advisory Committee the Faculty Athletics Representative group.

Advertisement
Oh boy, people are going to love attacking Thrasher.

I'm thinking Al Golden conspiracy to bring down Miami mixed with the "Tobacco Rd." insiders in the ACC.

Eye'm seriously interested. How much does it pay?
1598616058448.png

Advertisement
Got to be Swofford's son who will then revive the Raycom deal and extend it forever.

Advertisement
Meh, this is all just a show. The ND AD is the guy and his first big splash will be announcing ND has joined the conference as a full member for all sports. This has already been worked out and agreed too as part of the negotiations to allow ND to join the conference for the 2020 season.

Meh, this is all just a show. The ND AD is the guy and his first big splash will be announcing ND has joined the conference as a full member for all sports. This has already been worked out and agreed too as part of the negotiations to allow ND to join the conference for the 2020 season.
If this turns out to be true, you'll be able to crow like a rooster. If not, might I recommend a name change because that's some conspiracy level sht there that's one step removed from illuminati.

Advertisement
If this turns out to be true, you'll be able to crow like a rooster. If not, might I recommend a name change because that's some conspiracy level sht there that's one step removed from illuminati.
It's not conspiracy at all. Swofford was a boss in those negotiations. They were already going to be hiring the ND AD as his replacement. That's been in the works for a while. But Swofford bent ND over. They said, you can either agree to join the conference full time and share your TV revenue, or you can miss the football season. ND agreed but they want to control the timing of the announcement. To save pride, they want to make it seem like it was fully their decision rather than being pinned in a corner. Just wait. If the season gets played, toward the end of the season, ND will make an announcement to the effect of, "This season has been a great success playing with our partners in the ACC. For that reason, we have decided to join the ACC as a full member for football starting with the 2021 season."

Advertisement
The ACC has three football and four basketball National Championship winners in the last seven years.

Yeah, thats's pretty ******.
More silly…is believing it’s a conference on par with the SEC/B1G.

Big 12 is a **** conference as Texas has all the sway; ACC is a **** conference because it allows the Independent Indiana Team — which hasn’t won a championship in a men’s major sport in those aforementioned 7 years — to dictate the when’s, why’s and whatfor’s. All while keeping their football money. Not even the Pac-12 does that.

I get it: I wrote it so you oppose it. Oh, well, let the obsession continue…

More silly…is believing it’s a conference on par with the SEC/B1G.

Big 12 is a **** conference as Texas has all the sway; ACC is a **** conference because it allows the Independent Indiana Team — which hasn’t won a championship in a men’s major sport in those aforementioned 7 years — to dictate the when’s, why’s and whatfor’s. All while keeping their football money. Not even the Pac-12 does that.

I get it: I wrote it so you oppose it. Oh, well, let the obsession continue…
Lmao. You've negged more of my posts this year than everyone else on this site combined. Yeah, I'm obsessed with you.

Advertisement
Back