ACC and how they evaluate Officials.

Advertisement
not guilty oj simpson GIF

ACC has notoriously has ranked last or second to last for Power 5 conference officials. This year seems to take the cake.

PAC12 is the other conference that is a joke for officiating. If you remember a few years ago they had a few big ***** ups.

FSU game Id love to hear why no safety (as would everyone else) but I'd also love the explanation for no targeting on Williams. Glad he didn't get tossed, but that looked like textbook targeting

Advertisement
How about the fact that Williams was just standing there? Sure he lowered his head, but he didn’t launch into him. It was just one of those plays where helmets hit.

Curious if anyone thought that was a pick before halftime?

How about the fact that Williams was just standing there? Sure he lowered his head, but he didn’t launch into him. It was just one of those plays where helmets hit.

Curious if anyone thought that was a pick before halftime?

Launch isn’t required if jw leads with the crown to hit his head/neck.
  • Leading with helmet, shoulder, forearm, fist, hand or elbow to attack with forcible contact at the head or neck area

There were 5 or so iffy calls in that game. The Safety call could have been a big momentum shift in the game. The possibility of being up 16-10 and getting the ball to start the 2nd half.

I was done with the officials early in the game. The icing on the cake was when the ref in the middle of the field made 0 attempt to avoid the ball and even looked like he tried to catch it. ACC refs are bush league.

Advertisement
There were 5 or so iffy calls in that game. The Safety call could have been a big momentum shift in the game. The possibility of being up 16-10 and getting the ball to start the 2nd half.

I was done with the officials early in the game. The icing on the cake was when the ref in the middle of the field made 0 attempt to avoid the ball and even looked like he tried to catch it. ACC refs are bush league.
Yep that was complete trash. One might say that perhaps the official did not see the ball coming. Well how come the intended receiver saw the ball and was actually going to the ground in anticipation of a low throw. One could argue the receiver had a worse vantage point then the ref. And yet that ref made no attempt whatsoever to get out of the way.

I heard from a number of non-Maimi fans watching that game that couldn't believe what was going on. People texting me out of the blue. We see it every week, but the ACC needs to be called out nationally.

Yep that was complete trash. One might say that perhaps the official did not see the ball coming. Well how come the intended receiver saw the ball and was actually going to the ground in anticipation of a low throw. One could argue the receiver had a worse vantage point then the ref. And yet that ref made no attempt whatsoever to get out of the way.
Also he threw his hands up to catch the ball instead of trying to dodge it. That happens every now and then obviously. For me it’s just a culmination of ****ery.

Advertisement
IF YOU READ THE ARTICLE:

“If there are 40 text messages from other referees saying, ‘You guys are on ‘SportsCenter,’ ’ you screwed up,” Ayers said. “If I get to my phone and there’s just a couple, we did a good job.”
I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY MEDIA SHOWING THE TWO NON-SAFTIES, THERFORE NOTHING WILL BE DONE! They depend on negative reporting highlighting the mistake and without a flood of media criticism do not expect ANY response and that is the TRAVESTY we face.
Imagine if this happened to Bama or any "playoff team:. If this had been fsu that had a safety taken away imagine the hysterics, we are not significant enough currently to draw media attention.

I look at it as the ACC being ****ed that we left the Big Least as a contender and came here and didn't do **** for 20+ years. The lopsided, sus ref calls is the ACC tax we pay for being such a piece of **** team year in and year out.

IF YOU READ THE ARTICLE:

“If there are 40 text messages from other referees saying, ‘You guys are on ‘SportsCenter,’ ’ you screwed up,” Ayers said. “If I get to my phone and there’s just a couple, we did a good job.”
I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY MEDIA SHOWING THE TWO NON-SAFTIES, THERFORE NOTHING WILL BE DONE! They depend on negative reporting highlighting the mistake and without a flood of media criticism do not expect ANY response and that is the TRAVESTY we face.
Imagine if this happened to Bama or any "playoff team:. If this had been fsu that had a safety taken away imagine the hysterics, we are not significant enough currently to draw media attention.
This ought to be a national outrage.

Instead it disappears like a fart in the wind.

Advertisement
When my brother in law who is a Bama fan texts me “how was that not a safety?”, my response was “no f*cking idea, that’s twice now this season we got screwed on a non safety call”

I look at it as the ACC being ****ed that we left the Big Least as a contender and came here and didn't do **** for 20+ years. The lopsided, sus ref calls is the ACC tax we pay for being such a piece of **** team year in and year out.
Th refs have literally cost us two games a year in the acc since we joined the league and we have won in spite of them numerous times.

They aren’t punishing us for years of mediocrity.

They helped to manufacture our demise along with the ncaa decision to turn a blind eye to the sec bag game while holding an axe over our head with the Shapiro investigation and Shalala being all too happy to let it all happen.

I heard from a number of non-Maimi fans watching that game that couldn't believe what was going on. People texting me out of the blue. We see it every week, but the ACC needs to be called out nationally.
Where is AD?
He should have presser and have video clip and just run it and demand some accountability on national tv.
Everyone should see how ****** these ACC refs are and demand ACC address the two non safety calls etc…
I had non Miami buddy text me and say is Miami not allowed to get a safety…after seeing it happen second time in a month

It’s a joke but unless it’s addressed by our AD
Expect more of the same

Advertisement
Back