About these Portal Announcements . . .

UMFarArcher

All-ACC
Does anyone have a clue whether or not Mammy or crew has encouraged a number of these guys to hit the portal or hit the road?

Seems like ones going into the portal are not exactly carrying an abundance of accomplishment into the portal with them.

Advertisement
DDD35AE7-D2DD-49F6-AC86-CC14DA3E6B3E.jpeg

Does anyone have a clue whether or not Mammy or crew has encouraged a number of these guys to hit the portal or hit the road?

Seems like ones going into the portal are not exactly carrying an abundance of accomplishment into the portal with them.
Well, we were well under the numbers, so it doesn’t make sense to tell them to leave. We need the bodies. I think they see the writing on the wall based on playing time next year.

Advertisement
Well, we were well under the numbers, so it doesn’t make sense to tell them to leave. We need the bodies. I think they see the writing on the wall based on playing time next year.

This. Unless they are cancers (and the ones leaving in the last few days seem like they are not cancers, but JAGs) there would be no reason for Manny to encourage them to leave now.

Scholarships are one year renewable, so this seems to be a case of “You no longer have a scholarship at UM for next season”

News coming..

Advertisement
Again - that doesn't make sense unless those players are cancers. Cutting them from the team does not give Miami the ability to sign more recruits/transfers.
Maybe not this year, but in the future it will as we try to rebalance the roster. We only have like 9 seniors this year, so I think this is a move trying to be proactive for the future.

Maybe not this year, but in the future it will as we try to rebalance the roster. We only have like 9 seniors this year, so I think this is a move trying to be proactive for the future.

Maybe, but even then you would still be better off with them sticking around and if they dont improve encouraging them next year. As someone noted in another thread, even if you don't expect the player will never play a meaningful down, you need bodies in case of injuries and for practice/scout teams.

Maybe, but even then you would still be better off with them sticking around and if they dont improve encouraging them next year. As someone noted in another thread, even if you don't expect the player will never play a meaningful down, you need bodies in case of injuries and for practice/scout teams.
But we’re talking about a kicker, polendey, and tyreic martin right? It’s not like these are guys at positions that we are hurting for depth, they are guys that would never see the field here, even if injuries did happen.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back