Aaron Feld, Rugby Guy and the meaning of life

Advertisement
A clean is caught in a deep squat, as seen in weightlifting competition.

Power clean at the very least hips above knees, typically higher.

Hang clean, standing position to start, countermovement, then clean (to be caught in either position).
I knew it was based on some chicken **** semantics like that. Yes, ok, a high catch, got it, until you have too much weight and you have to drop like **** to get under it... right? So a powerclean is only really a powerclean up until a certain % of 1RM? Then it just becomes... a clean? You really made a custom edit video to discuss a 6-in difference in catch height (in reality)?

Just so you know (I assume a weight lifting savant such as yourself does) but that term powerclean is really just a catch-all in the football community, and comes from less experienced strength coaches at the highschool level. Not worth starting a war over. Ok, whats next?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I knew it was based on some chicken **** semantics like that. Yes, ok, a high catch, got it, until you have too much weight and you have to drop like **** to get under it... right? So a powerclean is only really a powerclean up until a certain % of 1RM? Then it just becomes... a clean? You really made a custom edit video to discuss a 6-in difference in catch height (in reality)?

Just so you know (I assume a weight lifting savant such as yourself does) but that term powerclean is really just a catch-all in the football community, and comes from less experienced strength coaches at the highschool level. Not worth starting a war over. Ok, whats next?
Not really. Elite lifters warm up with squat cleans with an empty bar. Definitely the 1RM for a clean vs power clean tends to be higher because you're able to decelerate the bar over a longer distance.

AC does not approve
not-again-disappointed.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
That's the point- I do. I'll show my resume if you want.

If I'm such a nobody then you and Aaron don't need to worry about me tearing him down.

Let me lay out Aaron's career for you so you can see how the "market" works:
  1. He used to play so he must know what he's talking about.
  2. He used to intern for X, so he must know what he's talking about.
  3. He used to coach under X, so he must know what he's talking about.
  4. Repeat.
The market is populated by admins and head coaches who have just as much formal training as you do, so they outsource their judgement to the logo on the page in front of them. Alabama is successful, X worked at Alabama, therefore X must be successful.

gtfoh man

Whether you agree with his techniques or not, people with more knowledge than you and more at stake ($$) seem to.

You're desperate and clinging at straws trying to tear down someone because you aren't as successful in your field.

Better be careful out here before this starts teetering into defamation territory and then you'll be in real trouble considering you've made it very clear you're not in feld's financial position.... but then again, keep going I'm sure you constantly b*tching over the internet about someone else's success is a real attractive quality in a person and your future employers will love it

Advertisement
Back