Aaron Feld, Rugby Guy and the meaning of life

Maybe, maybe not, but this whole thread is unnecessary. This thread was started by someone that is a malignant attention seeker by nature, based on a nothing tweet that not many people saw, but he’s now getting attention, and it’s not doing anybody any good to give this guy a forum.

Google searches will come up on this thread. It’s actually helping this clown/fitness expert.
I think the opposite, that it’s making him look even more foolish, but we will find out together.

Advertisement
Hey everyone, rugby guy here. If anyone wants the long explanation, let me know.

giphy.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
1)

This is just wrong and not open to interpretation. It's an error you would not expect of an intern, rather than one of the highest paid strength coaches in football.

2)

Also wrong and not open to interpretation. Take your pick from research, basic understanding of training, or how the best track coaches in the world develop speed- it's wrong. Is it a puff piece of Tv? Yes. Is it wrong and nobody forced him to say it? Also yes.

3) Telling young athletes quote:

Speed requires power, power requires strength, strength requires mass. Play it in reverse and you get that weight gain = speed.

Wrong, not open to interpretation. The line of bodyweight and speed in the 40 at the combine points up not down. Don't confuse 18yos coming to the end of puberty with juniors and seniors gaining weight. Freshmen gain weight anyway because they suddenly get free food and stop being 3 sport athletes and train seriously. Juniors and seniors have already gained the weight they're going to gain, and by then sudden weight gain is going to slow them down rather than make them fast.

Its perfectly possible he's a great guy who cares about his athletes and I'm not saying otherwise. He's also raised money for charity- commendable. He also repeatedly puts out misinformation that others in our field take as gospel because of logo fever, which means athletes, parents, schools etc. are being underserved. All those things can be true at the same time.

At the end of the day, institutions have a moral responsibility to their stakeholders to get the biggest return on their investment. To do otherwise is a failure and a misallocation of money. What is more likely- this guy is the single best candidate available in the USA and he was selected after a rigorous interview process, or he was handpicked by a guy with no formal training in distinguishing good training from bad?

Should it be me? No thank you. But here's 10 guys off the top of my head with PhDs (or soon to be) who are demonstrably more capable and whose athletes love them just as much:

Aaron Wellman
Matt Rhea & David Ballou
Brad DeWeese
Justin Lima
Nick DiMarco
Kris Robertson
Erik Korem
Cameron Josse
Shea Thompson

Advertisement
1)

This is just wrong and not open to interpretation. It's an error you would not expect of an intern, rather than one of the highest paid strength coaches in football.

2)

Also wrong and not open to interpretation. Take your pick from research, basic understanding of training, or how the best track coaches in the world develop speed- it's wrong. Is it a puff piece of Tv? Yes. Is it wrong and nobody forced him to say it? Also yes.

Speed requires power, power requires strength, strength requires mass. Play it in reverse and you get that weight gain = speed.

Wrong, not open to interpretation. The line of bodyweight and speed in the 40 at the combine points up not down. Don't confuse 18yos coming to the end of puberty with juniors and seniors gaining weight. Freshmen gain weight anyway because they suddenly get free food and stop being 3 sport athletes and train seriously. Juniors and seniors have already gained the weight they're going to gain, and by then sudden weight gain is going to slow them down rather than make them fast.

Its perfectly possible he's a great guy who cares about his athletes and I'm not saying otherwise. He's also raised money for charity- commendable. He also repeatedly puts out misinformation that others in our field take as gospel because of logo fever, which means athletes, parents, schools etc. are being underserved. All those things can be true at the same time.

At the end of the day, institutions have a moral responsibility to their stakeholders to get the biggest return on their investment. To do otherwise is a failure and a misallocation of money. What is more likely- this guy is the single best candidate available in the USA and he was selected after a rigorous interview process, or he was handpicked by a guy with no formal training in distinguishing good training from bad?

Should it be me? No thank you. But here's 10 guys off the top of my head with PhDs (or soon to be) who are demonstrably more capable and whose athletes love them just as much:

Aaron Wellman
Matt Rhea & David Ballou
Brad DeWeese
Justin Lima
Nick DiMarco
Kris Robertson
Erik Korem
Cameron Josse
Shea Thompson

If nothing else, I'll give you props for coming on here and presenting your case.

Advertisement
1)

2)

Aaron Wellman
Matt Rhea & David Ballou
Brad DeWeese
Justin Lima
Nick DiMarco
Kris Robertson
Erik Korem
Cameron Josse
Shea Thompson

Your envy is not open to interpretation

Advertisement
Back