Aaron Feld, Rugby Guy and the meaning of life

Advertisement
So a random rugby S&C bro that seems to tweet more than coach ****posting on an 8 second clip is enough to say Feld's techniques are "under fire"?

Going to be a long offseason.

Advertisement
I went through his Twitter last five days.

Dude ***** on everyone and everything that is not on a tree within five seconds.

Dudes everything thats wrong with Social Media.
Oh so he’s one of them, huh?
1639839927978.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
OMG..really rugby guy really…You apparently don’t have a Lyfe..He mad that Mario didn’t call him instead probably a friend of Feelys and mad he wasn’t retained…I’m pretty sure Feely is a good S&C coach but the New HC in charge wanted his guy..We as people need to stop this bullissh…

Advertisement
Seen enough. Guy is a hide-behind-vague statements bomb thrower.

We've all met this types before.

@AlphaMarshan observing Oregon's program on the field for last 3 years or so, do you see any legitimate concerns from S&C?

Agree that Miami's teams with Feeley never looked gassed. Then again how wore down can you be missing 55 tackles per game?

Man that's some petty ****e to post, we honestly shouldn't even give that loser the time of day. Some fitness dudes can be weird as fuq, it's a strange cult sometimes.

Funny about the "science" of S&C. I think your S&C guy has to be in tune with the philosophy of what you do as a team - today's athletes are bigger, stronger, faster and there are going to be injuries. But if there were one best way to do it, everyday would be doing it that way. I played NAIA decades ago, never heard of a S&C Coach, but our HC (before I got there) was at some clinic where they were pitching an agility based system that didn't use dead weights. So, all we had was a Universal Gym (low budget conference). I don't remember seeing a free weight the whole time.

In the off-season we'd do burst workouts; three guy teams with a whistle every 30 seconds. So, you rotate : 1) did the drill, 2) assisted the next guy, and 3) called out a score. Drill 30 seconds rest for 60, haul *** to the next station. After agaiities you went to stations that included 2 different bench jumps, dips, incline sit-ups, pushups, bench press, 2 lateral cone drills, vertical jumps and a few more, last station were timed 40 yd dashes, forward and backwards. You competed against everybody else, every session with your 30-second score. During the season we did stretching and agilities for warm ups similar to what you see now, when nobody was doing them in our conference.

In my four years starting, I missed a single game because they were worried about a blood clot on my calf from being cleated - practiced the week before and week after, so never missed a practice in 4 years. In 42 games and hundreds of practices over 4 season, we had one (1) single knee injury (practice) that required surgery. I had buddies playing at another conference school; two of them had knee operations and probably another six on their team.

We were strong enough to push around the D-lines we played against (There were a couple exceptions, guys who filtered down like Ed Smith who had a career with the Broncos), blocking for four thousand yard backs. Two conference titles (starting a bunch of Florida freshman my first year). So, that system worked pretty well for our team.

Advertisement
Back