Aaron Dowdell decommits from UGA

hcanes100

24k+ of useless posts
Premium
3 Star OG from UGA, any chances? Class is weak on OL.

Aaron Dowdell OG 44 6'3" 294 5.20

Advertisement
hmm

he's a 4 star on rivals but shows no other offers from any school

his 40 time is 6.23! is that the slowest ever recorded?

I don't know anything but with no other known offers, they may have pulled his scholly. Not sure how the recruiting services gave him such high marks if no other school offered

Advertisement
Plays a little high but big and looks pretty strong. The pad level is an easy fix. I know we have much more of a need at tackle but as a guard prospect I'm definitely cool with taking him. I wonder what this staff wants as far as OL this year. Do they want only tackles? Or 2 tackles and 1 guard? Or another combo? Interested to see how it ends up.

I was wondering about the offer thing too. 4 star in Rivals and a high 3 star in 247 but only one offer? I have to think maybe he just didn't announce any of his offers. More of a low key guy. He just followed a ton of coaches from **** near every D1 football program on twitter. Co State, Temple, UCF, Mizzou, TCU, Rutgers, Tulsa, N. Illinois, GA State, Kansas, Illinois, Old Dominion, So. Miss. I may have missed a few. No Canes coaches. I'm gonna do a quick judgment based upon the oh-so-scientific Twitter follow theory and say that he was pushed out and is looking at a lower-tier school. So maybe he's not a take? I'm definitely no scout, so who the **** knows.

I'd take him. I like what I'm seeing. I doubt UGA is the only offer. Schools piggy back off bigger schools offers often. Creekside always has talent too.. he can't go unnoticed there.

If I were to guess he was probably solid to UGA and didn't want to go anywhere else and didn't report any of his other offers if any.. or possibly shut down his recruitment. Pretty strange though.. can't wait to see if we have interest.

Can't believe they dropped him....Searles needs to see him tomorrow. The kid is good. Mauling guard prospect. He would start after a RS year

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back