A very special Fireside Chat with a Living Legend

Advertisement
No. They just showed up on their own ready to play.

LOL, I mean, seriously, 75 percent of college coaching is recruiting and procuring talent. And then setting a culture and standard. To say that Chryst -- who's at a school that isn't in THAT fertile of a recruiting ground -- gets no credit for being the CEO is a bit odd to me

I guarantee if Chryst wanted to leave Wisky, there would be a LOT of programs lined up to hire this guy. I really dont know if the same would be said of Manny

Ok, but doesnt he get a bit of credit for that?
Yes, I'm just bitter right now. He's at least a solid coach, maybe even really good. I don't pay that much attention to them. Wisconsin is full of big Viking dudes and their o-lines have been awesome for their past few coaches so I can't give him all the credit for that. Guess I'm just ****ed thinking of how good their o-line is and how ****** Miami's is.

Advertisement
Yes, I'm just bitter right now. He's at least a solid coach, maybe even really good. I don't pay that much attention to them. Wisconsin is full of big Viking dudes and their o-lines have been awesome for their past few coaches so I can't give him all the credit for that. Guess I'm just ****ed thinking of how good their o-line is and how ****** Miami's is.

my man!! I feel your pain, we're all in this together

@RVACane please remove this POS ****ysucker from here too. In fact, I'm astonished he's still allowed to post on this board after trying to dox me. You guys are softer than Diaz allowing this POS to continue to post on here.
All done and here’s a lil somethin somethin for the KTDT. Semenhole possibly but certainly a previously banned member of the walking wounded.

047CF120-0F9D-48F5-B0A6-84D06240E1F7.jpeg

I think the landscape of CFB has changed so much that the top 4 teams every year (Bama, Clemson,Ohio State, Georgia) are so much better than everyone else that it’s hard to really get a handling on how good a team really is.

I do think Miami is a good team. I think we are ranked appropriately and will finish the season in the 13-18 range. That means we are due for another L or two along the way this season, from who idk. There isn’t much improvement in the roster from last year besides QB and our kicker and a lot of the roster has regressed for reasons pointed out in this thread. We are easy to scheme against on offense and defense and it’s not going to get easier with Lashlee having 6 games of tape out now.

Some on this board have this disillusioned vision that Miami should be blowing out every team that we play not named Clemson. Personally I don’t care if we win every game by just 1 point. I just want to see improvement from certain positions from now to the season ends and a team that doesn’t give up.

Teams are adjusting to us. We had a new offense and now they are zeroing in on the explosive runs and exposing the WR deficiencies.

Let's see what adjustments Lashlee can make during the bye week. NC State is a big game in many ways.
Valid points. Thus far, Lashlee’s lack of adjustments are a tad concerning. It will be interesting to see if we try something different moving forward. NC State and VT aren’t exactly very good on Defense so we should have opportunities to be successful. Personally, I think King is hurt. Hopefully, he gets better with the bye because that OL isn’t doing our running game any favors and making us one dimensional.

However, what about the lack of adjustments on Defense? Like myself, you’re a stat guy, our Defense is ranked 46th in total Defense in a year where half the country hasn’t played. This is year 5 under Diaz’s Defense. To @The Franchise point, this is an alarming trend considering we have not played a single Offense (outside of Clemson) ranked in the top 50, yet. We just played two bad teams without a QB and scratched and clawed for a victory. I don’t want to get into a debate about what program is average or above average; however, I find it hard to believe a team ranked near the 50’s on both Total Offense and Total Defense is above average. I understand there are other stats that tell different stories (scoring Defense) but I think those “total” stats, in particular, gives you a general idea where your Offense and Defense is. I also recognize those stats are a bit flawed due to so many teams not playing but the fact that we are even that low is alarming. Meanwhile, the elite, for the most part (I see Bama’s Defense), are consistently among the best in the nation in those categories.

Advertisement
LOL, I mean, seriously, 75 percent of college coaching is recruiting and procuring talent. And then setting a culture and standard. To say that Chryst -- who's at a school that isn't in THAT fertile of a recruiting ground -- gets no credit for being the CEO is a bit odd to me

I guarantee if Chryst wanted to leave Wisky, there would be a LOT of programs lined up to hire this guy. I really dont know if the same would be said of Manny
He would do well at ND and Penn State for starters.

The last two paragraphs summed it all up perfectly. And even if we end up ok this year, assuming King is gone, it’ll come back crashing down to earth under this imbecile of a head coach,

If Lashlee wants rush yards, he is going to have to earn them by making the linebackers work in the passing game. Having the middle as a no fly zone is not going to cut it and has made us predictable.

He has the looks he wants deep, but he is in big boy football now, where they play defense and don’t have the luxury of the best offensive lines that money can but like the sec west.

He is going to have to face his fear and dig for gold in the place he has shown to like to avoid: The short/ intermediate passing game between the hashes. It is dangerous. Picks will be thrown. It doesn’t matter.

Did y’all see he stole the Clemson play where the lineman don’t come out of their stance at the snap? He is thinking, but he has to have a true come to Jesus moment.

Salvation lies over the middle for this offense. Those dumb *** screens to the wide receiver are easy to get ahold of if the defense isn’t in full on bail mode. The ball is thrown so quickly that all the defenders just crash downhill when they see. He is going to have to work harder to implement his plays that make defenders watch and not trust their eyes.

Clemson is supposedly head and shoulders above us talent wise, but they didn’t try to bully or outathlete us with bombs at all. They ran a dazzling array of short, high percentage passes that stressed the living **** out of our linebacker core. They put us on skates then hit us with the run occasionally, then threw downfield occasionally. That is modern championship offense.

Even the trash teams have smart, well trained athletes that will beat you if they KNOW what you are doing. Even the juggernauts have to scheme to fool their opponents for high percentage plays that attack tendencies.

It would behoove Lashlee to implement the same approach.

Advertisement
I agree Manny is not the guy to take us to where we want to be. As I watch these games every week we supposedly have better talent but without effort what good is talent. Yesterday Virginia has some skinny linebacker who looks like he doesn’t know what a weight room is making plays all over the field. I know a lot is coaching but I’d rather have 3 star kids who leave it all on the field than 4 stars that feel entitled. If you work hard good things will come. It’s almost like they’re happy with mediocrity and a occasionally big win.

The team isn’t really being lazy to be lazy. They are complacent and often confused so they play slow.

Most of the guys who have played will be able to relate to this. Often times in practice , on basically every team I played for Coach would yell at me/us for “dogging it”.

Now in my mind I was working hard and going as fast as I could. But that was just in my mind because I didn’t understand what CHAMPIONSHIP EFFORT was. It’s the habit of coming out COMPLETELY FOCUSED on the task at hand, being emotionally invested in the current moment and pushing the absolute maximum of your physical ability with every rep for as long as possible.

When show up at practice still thinking about problems at home, the chick you want to smash, how much homework you got or whatever else young guys think about, you won’t be able to give championship effort. When you get tired, the mind deceives you into thinking you are doing all you can, but that’s a lie.

In special operations units of the military that do EXTREME physical training there is a saying that when you think you are done, you have only actually exhausted about 40% of your actual capacity. You can do over twice as much as you have done before you actually break down into true exhaustion where you literally can’t do another rep.

The coach’s job is to recognize these truths and continuously push you past your perceived limits of focus and effort. Very few people have that ability to be fanatically self driven naturally and you won’t win many games betting that your players can find that level on their own.

I hate to say I told you so, but I've seen enough of this program to know what's going on. Let's get right to it, shall we?

I had this revelation while watching Diaz continue to flounder. Diaz reminds me of Don Jr. Looks polished. Yaps a good game. Zero substance. He's a fake manly nerd who talks about manly stuff. His idea of hunting would be to stay in a 5 star hotel in Dubai and be taken to an air conditioned shooting range where they line up a bunch of animals chained to a post 30 feet in front of him and give him a machine gun. It's the nerd life. The difference between the two is Diaz is trying to accomplish something, but he's simply clueless on how to lead.

I've harped on this fact forever, and the nerds don't get it, but you can tell everything about a football team by their focus and effort level. We are devoid of either. Of course, the dopes on here will litter my thread with "we played hard, but Lashlee sucks." We neither played hard or played focused.

We have a few players who give effort, but, overall, we're a lazy skinny jeans group. We're the guys with the tight pants that stop at the bottom of the calves with designer loafers we can't afford and a backpack that costs more than we make in a month.

Let's discuss some specifics in the pros and cons section of this incredible blog.

Pros:
This won't be popular for the guys looking for a scapegoat, but King played a great game. He was on target with some absolute darts. Yes he missed Harley to ice the game, but this game never should have come down to one pass at the end.

Harley. That's by far the best game he's played. He is a hard working kid, who took the criticism of the WRs personally. Good for him.

Chaney. He's our best RB right now. Yeah I said it. He's tough fast and runs harder than a 14 year old boy watching his mom's hot friend, Nancy, paint her toe nails in her bikini.

Pope showed some life and made a great acrobatic catch. Yeah he had another drop, but expecting Pope not to drop an easy pass every game is like expecting me not to ram my Pickett/Yellen takes from last week down your faqquit throats until your mascara runs.

And...that's it.

Cons:

Scaife set the tone early for the type of tenacity and the mental toughness that we have when he got bullrushed like the ghey fat kid whose dad forced him to play Pee Wee football even though he'd much prefer to be playing with his Barbies. This dude's been a major bummer.

Cam. He ran like he didn't want to be out there. I don't know if he's hurt or what, but I'm glad they finally yanked him. On that stretch play he looked like he was carrying a piano on his back. Weak effort last night.

Bolden on the TD to the TE gave a feeble effort. All he had to do was carry the guy out of bounds, and that stops the TD.

Carter needs to get a Target ad at this point. I can see him with the Target bullseye painted on top of his head saying "I love Target!" while running head-first into a wall like the Kool Aid pitcher dude.

Lashlee needs to realize you don't have to force balance for the sake of balance. King had a hot hand, and, in case Lashlee didn't notice, UVAG was without their best defender, Blount, and their other starting S Nelson. Run them ragged with the throw game. Throw it 80% of the time if you have to. UVAG is horrible against the pass and pretty good against the run, so what does Lashlee do? Yep. Force that ******* read option inside zone all night long.

What's with our new habit of running give up handoffs on 3rd down in our own end? We're just giving away series regularly every game with that ****.

Our pass rush was supposed to be a huge strength. It isn't. Phillips is a great effort guy, but if he's even thinking about leaving early, he needs a lobotomy.

Did you see the play where Ivey gave a huge cushion to a QB playing WR for pretty much the 1st time? Yeah, so did I. He let a QB run him off for an easy pitch and catch 1st down on 3rd and 11. That play summed us up. 3rd and 11 and he's bailing against a QB playing WR.

96 yard drive in 2:40 when we should have been icing the game. That drive speaks directly to the mindset of this team and why I have dwindling hope for Diaz. We were celebrating a win up 13 with 10 minutes left instead of bearing down and trying to open it up on them.

We let a 3 QB rotation control us for much of the 1st half. Keep in mind none of those 3 can throw the ball. Then, Diaz tells the halftime reporter "We need to make them beat us throwing it." Yeah no **** Don Jr. That should have been the idea from the beginning.

Gurvan Hall looked like he didn't even care on that coverage bust for the late TD. We were already in "we won, let's start taking pics for the gram" mode.

Tried to tell you guys last week we got lucky Yellen played. Nope. The CISpool clowns came for me claiming Yellen was just as good as Pickett. Then, they spent the whole week trying to be funny about how Pickett was a god. Flash forward to this week and look at what ND did to Yellen on his home field. That desultory performance against Pitt was what I feared for the remainder of the season and why last week's Fireside Chat wasn't all puppies and rainbows.

There are 2 or 3 L's left on this schedule if we play like we have the last 2 weeks.

I said it last week, and I'll stick with it. We're average. And we're average for the same reason we stunk last year--Don Jr. isn't a leader of men. He celebrates ****** efforts in wins against horrible teams like UVAG as if we just won a NC. He's not demanding enough, and it shows by the focus and effort level of his team. D$ tried to tell me we're in that next tier behind the greats, but we aren't unless that next tier consists of about 65 teams.

We are a little better than last year, and that's solely because of King. If we had Perry at the helm right now we'd be a 3 loss team. I don't know about you guys, but this game felt eerily similar to last year against a much better UVAG team with a much better QB and much better D.
All of this is exactly what I said after the very first game this season ... And it took me about 2 drives into the season to come to that conclusion ..... Teams take the mentality of their head coach ... This is literally the exact same team as last year the only difference is King ... Nothing has changed it’s like watching the same game over and over and over for 15 years straight

Bud, Michigan hasn't beaten Ohio State since the start of the Genesis and that fanbase is all but done with Harbaugh. Michigan would house us right now if they played us. But we're so good apparently. Could've fooled me. Watch what happens week after next with Nc State. Remember, we got a bye. We're the only team that looks like crap consistently with extra time to prepare. I honestly can't think of another coaching staff that has that same problem.
It's all hype to keep us coming back. We are a just a program that doesn't want to win and are not willing to do all it takes.

Advertisement
People get mad because they don't want to hear about the past. You still have standards. The part that ****ed me off the most was watching Manny acting a fool when he hasn't won anything of significance. I wasn't expecting 12-0. ****, I'm expecting around 9-3. We still have UNC and NC State off a bye, it's likely going to be our record. What irks me is the culture that's set (literally Harley indicated this in the post-game conference) with no end in sight.
Yea someone said u expect Vilma or Lewis I'm like yea that's what I want at linebacker. That's what I fuqin expect....they are already neutered the fan base like ok linebackers are good for Miami. I ended the discussion immediately and also dudes saying these kids can crack the starting at Clemson is laughable

We were 3-3 at this point last year and we just won on Saturday. We're ranked #12....and you guys want another coach already? Don't you want to see how the season ends first o ye of little faith?

The team isn’t really being lazy to be lazy. They are complacent and often confused so they play slow.

Most of the guys who have played will be able to relate to this. Often times in practice , on basically every team I played for Coach would yell at me/us for “dogging it”.

Now in my mind I was working hard and going as fast as I could. But that was just in my mind because I didn’t understand what CHAMPIONSHIP EFFORT was. It’s the habit of coming out COMPLETELY FOCUSED on the task at hand, being emotionally invested in the current moment and pushing the absolute maximum of your physical ability with every rep for as long as possible.

When show up at practice still thinking about problems at home, the chick you want to smash, how much homework you got or whatever else young guys think about, you won’t be able to give championship effort. When you get tired, the mind deceives you into thinking you are doing all you can, but that’s a lie.

In special operations units of the military that do EXTREME physical training there is a saying that when you think you are done, you have only actually exhausted about 40% of your actual capacity. You can do over twice as much as you have done before you actually break down into true exhaustion where you literally can’t do another rep.

The coach’s job is to recognize these truths and continuously push you past your perceived limits of focus and effort. Very few people have that ability to be fanatically self driven naturally and you won’t win many games betting that your players can find that level on their own.
Helluva post, on point. This thread completely delivers.

Advertisement
Back