A very special Fireside Chat with a Living Legend

Advertisement
Im just confused because after 80% of the games we get these long dissertations on how average or mediocre we are. Then next week people saw we should beat team X by 3 TDs. How does that make sense
I get your point! Just ask yourself why they are doing this? Why are their expectations so unbalanced? Who is fueling this?

Our coaching staff is the catalyst of this confusion because during every week between games we hear about how everything is an easy fix, and that the players are looking good and coming around to coaching. We all fill ourselves up to full on all these expectations that have been established by the coaches and then we see the same poor product (scheme and effort) on the field during games. That’s the disconnect. It’s people wanting to trust and believe, but then feeling jaded/fed up when it’s not fulfilled.

The coaches are fueling the high expectations and are at the same time directly responsible for them not being met. What are they bringing (of substance)to the table?

Effort reflects Scheme/Planning. Our players and fans are having a problem trusting our coaches.

Which half of the Big 10? Does it include the team that lost to Indiana and the team that lost to Rutgers?

I see Ohio State, Wisconsin and a bunch of flakes.
Michigan State is a **** team that I knew was **** before the season started. Dude, you're legit struggling hard to prove that we're above-average when we're not.

Michigan would beat us the way we're playing. So would Minnesota. Ped State is better than us. Ohio State. Wisconsin. Indiana is a decent enough team that they could easily beat us if we play anywhere near like we played the last 3 games. Iowa is as good as we are. That's half the Big 10. The other half is right about on par with the UVAG team we played yesterday.

You want to go down each conference? Even some G5 teams like Cincinnati are as good or better than us.

I get your point! Just ask yourself why they are doing this? Why are their expectations so unbalanced? Who is fueling this?

Our coaching staff is the catalyst of this confusion because during every week between games we hear about how everything is an easy fix, and that the players are looking good and coming around to coaching. We all fill ourselves up to full on all these expectations that having been established by the coaches and then we see the same poor product (scheme and effort) on the field during games. That’s the disconnect. It’s people wanting to trust and believe, but then feeling jaded when it’s not fulfilled.

The coaches are fueling the high expectations and are at the same time directly responsible for them not being met. What are they bringing (of substance)to the table?

Effort reflects Scheme/Planning. Our players and fans are having a problem trusting our coaches.
It’s the coaches job to sell and hype. Kinda like fool me once type thing. People really need to lower their expectations big time. Miami hasn’t been what people think it should be for almost two decades and yet people still expect it. You can’t say we are low tier and not expect these performances frequently

VT is a 2.5 point favorite at L’Ville this week, and UNC opened as a 4 point favorite at UVA (already moved to -7). We were bigger favorites against both teams. VT is on upset alert.

I don’t disagree with your overall premise - that we aren’t a top 10 team, and that Manny leaves a lot to be desired. But I have to agree with D$ that we are winning games we used to lose and that we are above-average by any metric.
I don't care about Vegas spreads. We were a 14 point favorite to beat a terrible UVAG and they were a play from beating us.

We're not winning games we used to lose. We beat UL, FSU, Pitt and UVAG last year when we were the worst UM team since the 1970s. This "we're winning games we used to lose" rap is a false narrative. We're beating some god awful teams just like we usually do. We're playing down to our competition like we usually do. And we got humiliated and didn't show up for the game against the top level team like we usually do.

Advertisement
It’s the coaches job to sell and hype. Kinda like fool me once type thing. People really need to lower their expectations big time. Miami hasn’t been what people think it should be for almost two decades and yet people still expect it. You can’t say we are low tier and not expect these performances frequently
I agree but a lot of that is fueled by guys wanting and desiring the very best for our team. I don’t feel comfortable advocating that they should stop feeling that way. It’s the life blood of any die-hard fan to expect and the very best, especially as a fan of the Miami Hurricanes. Excellence is our standard and if we are gonna lose that then what’s the point.

Honest question. Coming off the bye if we beat NC State 34-10 what changes for you?
Let's play the games, and I'll continue to comment week by week. My commentary is based on what I see, not on hypotheticals to get into arguments with guys who want to whistle through the graveyard and can't live in reality. If we turn it around and start playing well, my commentary will reflect that.

I couldn't have typed this better myself. I been telling sunshine pumpers all week that you have to see the forest for the trees. 1 guy told me we would beat UVA by 24+. I'm like who tf do you think we are? We are an average team at best. We will be lucky to win by 3. Of course he ate entire plate of crow that he paid for with his reality check.

Diaz having Amari Carter as a captain speaks for itself. The lack of accountability is deplorable.

Then we are conservative af. When is the last time we faked a **** punt?

What film are we studying where every teams first drive is always a kick in our nuts? Do we not study tendencies? Do we not have an identity we can use to dictate to other teams?

Manny just seems like he is afraid of confrontation.

Could you imagine the *** chewing Saban would give Lashlee for containing to run the Richt dive when every knows its coming.

Lashlee is still your subordinate you cuck. Get in his grits and hold him accountable.

Its not about just winning. It's also about how you win.

You can't sustain success doing the same dumb shid repetitively

I agree but a lot of that is fueled by guys wanting and desiring the very best for our team. I don’t feel comfortable advocating that they should stop feeling that way. It’s the life blood of any die-hard fan to expect and the very best, especially as a fan of the Miami Hurricanes. Excellence is our standard and if we are gonna lose that then what’s the point.
You can want your team to play to a standard and wish for them to play to the excellence for sure. Just recognize what you are and what you have been.

Advertisement
I hate to say I told you so, but I've seen enough of this program to know what's going on. Let's get right to it, shall we?

I had this revelation while watching Diaz continue to flounder. Diaz reminds me of Don Jr. Looks polished. Yaps a good game. Zero substance. He's a fake manly nerd who talks about manly stuff. His idea of hunting would be to stay in a 5 star hotel in Dubai and be taken to an air conditioned shooting range where they line up a bunch of animals chained to a post 30 feet in front of him and give him a machine gun. It's the nerd life. The difference between the two is Diaz is trying to accomplish something, but he's simply clueless on how to lead.

I've harped on this fact forever, and the nerds don't get it, but you can tell everything about a football team by their focus and effort level. We are devoid of either. Of course, the dopes on here will litter my thread with "we played hard, but Lashlee sucks." We neither played hard or played focused.

We have a few players who give effort, but, overall, we're a lazy skinny jeans group. We're the guys with the tight pants that stop at the bottom of the calves with designer loafers we can't afford and a backpack that costs more than we make in a month.

Let's discuss some specifics in the pros and cons section of this incredible blog.

Pros:
This won't be popular for the guys looking for a scapegoat, but King played a great game. He was on target with some absolute darts. Yes he missed Harley to ice the game, but this game never should have come down to one pass at the end.

Harley. That's by far the best game he's played. He is a hard working kid, who took the criticism of the WRs personally. Good for him.

Chaney. He's our best RB right now. Yeah I said it. He's tough fast and runs harder than a 14 year old boy watching his mom's hot friend, Nancy, paint her toe nails in her bikini.

Pope showed some life and made a great acrobatic catch. Yeah he had another drop, but expecting Pope not to drop an easy pass every game is like expecting me not to ram my Pickett/Yellen takes from last week down your faqquit throats until your mascara runs.

And...that's it.

Cons:

Scaife set the tone early for the type of tenacity and the mental toughness that we have when he got bullrushed like the ghey fat kid whose dad forced him to play Pee Wee football even though he'd much prefer to be playing with his Barbies. This dude's been a major bummer.

Cam. He ran like he didn't want to be out there. I don't know if he's hurt or what, but I'm glad they finally yanked him. On that stretch play he looked like he was carrying a piano on his back. Weak effort last night.

Bolden on the TD to the TE gave a feeble effort. All he had to do was carry the guy out of bounds, and that stops the TD.

Carter needs to get a Target ad at this point. I can see him with the Target bullseye painted on top of his head saying "I love Target!" while running head-first into a wall like the Kool Aid pitcher dude.

Lashlee needs to realize you don't have to force balance for the sake of balance. King had a hot hand, and, in case Lashlee didn't notice, UVAG was without their best defender, Blount, and their other starting S Nelson. Run them ragged with the throw game. Throw it 80% of the time if you have to. UVAG is horrible against the pass and pretty good against the run, so what does Lashlee do? Yep. Force that ******* read option inside zone all night long.

What's with our new habit of running give up handoffs on 3rd down in our own end? We're just giving away series regularly every game with that ****.

Our pass rush was supposed to be a huge strength. It isn't. Phillips is a great effort guy, but if he's even thinking about leaving early, he needs a lobotomy.

Did you see the play where Ivey gave a huge cushion to a QB playing WR for pretty much the 1st time? Yeah, so did I. He let a QB run him off for an easy pitch and catch 1st down on 3rd and 11. That play summed us up. 3rd and 11 and he's bailing against a QB playing WR.

96 yard drive in 2:40 when we should have been icing the game. That drive speaks directly to the mindset of this team and why I have dwindling hope for Diaz. We were celebrating a win up 13 with 10 minutes left instead of bearing down and trying to open it up on them.

We let a 3 QB rotation control us for much of the 1st half. Keep in mind none of those 3 can throw the ball. Then, Diaz tells the halftime reporter "We need to make them beat us throwing it." Yeah no **** Don Jr. That should have been the idea from the beginning.

Gurvan Hall looked like he didn't even care on that coverage bust for the late TD. We were already in "we won, let's start taking pics for the gram" mode.

Tried to tell you guys last week we got lucky Yellen played. Nope. The CISpool clowns came for me claiming Yellen was just as good as Pickett. Then, they spent the whole week trying to be funny about how Pickett was a god. Flash forward to this week and look at what ND did to Yellen on his home field. That desultory performance against Pitt was what I feared for the remainder of the season and why last week's Fireside Chat wasn't all puppies and rainbows.

There are 2 or 3 L's left on this schedule if we play like we have the last 2 weeks.

I said it last week, and I'll stick with it. We're average. And we're average for the same reason we stunk last year--Don Jr. isn't a leader of men. He celebrates ****** efforts in wins against horrible teams like UVAG as if we just won a NC. He's not demanding enough, and it shows by the focus and effort level of his team. D$ tried to tell me we're in that next tier behind the greats, but we aren't unless that next tier consists of about 65 teams.

We are a little better than last year, and that's solely because of King. If we had Perry at the helm right now we'd be a 3 loss team. I don't know about you guys, but this game felt eerily similar to last year against a much better UVAG team with a much better QB and much better D.
I agree with all of the above. Furthermore, I hereby declare that all the above information is correct and accurate. I solemnly declare that all the information furnished in this document is free of errors to the best of my knowledge. I hereby declarethat all the information contained is in accordance with facts or truths to my knowledge.

Signed, Unsider

Advertisement
Are we really arguing about what kind of team we are.. we are poorly coached.. it’s clear as day... we have a ceiling and it’s low... sucks but it’s The reality

Advertisement
Michigan State is a **** team that I knew was **** before the season started. Dude, you're legit struggling hard to prove that we're above-average when we're not.

Michigan would beat us the way we're playing. So would Minnesota. Ped State is better than us. Ohio State. Wisconsin. Indiana is a decent enough team that they could easily beat us if we play anywhere near like we played the last 3 games. Iowa is as good as we are. That's half the Big 10. The other half is right about on par with the UVAG team we played yesterday.

You want to go down each conference? Even some G5 teams like Cincinnati are as good or better than us.

Wisky finally has another standout QB, did you see that freshman of theirs? He looks really promising

BTW Im a big fan of Paul Chryst as a coach

That's a great point. These kids are way too comfortable with Slip n Slide Diaz.

Manny is soft and is soft with our players.. He wants to be the cool players coach and it’s the opposite of what we need.

Our players talk **** all game and we celebrate pass interference calls

Manny is just not the guy

With ****y 18-21 year old SoFla players who’s asses have been kissed since pop Warner, we need more of a hard *** to humble them and get them to focus every week

Which half of the Big 10? Does it include the team that lost to Indiana and the team that lost to Rutgers?

I see Ohio State, Wisconsin and a bunch of flakes.

Minnesota, Michigan would both beat us. Iowa and Nebraska would prob even beat us 50% of the time

Advertisement
Back