A simpleton's thoughts on what's happening.

PBJFanatic

Sophomore
Hello fellow mongers.

I rarely post, but do read a lot of what is shared here. I don't want to repeat what others have already expressed here - just my thoughts on the current state of the program, what should happen and what will likely will happen:

1. I want to make sure that UNC did not spike our water supply with Xanax or Indica weed; because we looked stoned and useless. I was about to get our defense a couch and some Doritos instead of being out on the field.
2. Its time for Blake James to go and leave us alone - he's done a decent job in some areas, but not when it comes to football.
3. We have massive deficiencies at the LB/CB/S level - none of those guys belong on a Top 5 team. Not even Bubba Bolden who I really like.
4. We have an even greater deficiency at DC - led by Blake Baker. A person that continuously gets out-schemed and bailed out by Manny. That needs to end ASAP.
5. When it comes to Manny, not everything is back. But not everything is good either. He is too much of a players' coach - and this is what happens when disaster strikes; your players do not fear you and won't react appropriately.
6. Our OC has been a nice addition, but what has made it all work is QB King - lets see how our OC does next year; and please stop making him sound like Mike Martz with Kurt Warner & CO.

I believe that Blake Baker will be dismissed at the end of the season; I don't have any inside info but to me this is crystal clear. If Manny does not make this move, he will lose his job after next season. I also believe that there will be 1-2 more changed on the defensive side of the ball. In terms of what should happen, I hope that we can increase our budget and hire additional people to help support the program - we are still understaffed when compared to elite Top 5 programs.

The university has made positive changes under Frenk after a much maligned Shall regime that elected for cheap Chinese dry wall over quality American components. I hope that they keep addressing the deficiencies and bring us back to where we belong.

Happy holidays and God bless.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
6. Our OC has been a nice addition, but what has made it all work is QB King - lets see how our OC does next year; and please stop making him sound like Mike Martz with Kurt Warner & CO.

^^^ This is a big one. Our fan base was already in ****-their-pants mode about Rhett Lashlee after the UAB game—give the man a blank check, he'll be gone next year and a head coach elsewhere, etc.

This bunch always quick to ***** about ADs extending coaches contracts unnecessarily—the first to want to give this OC the keys to the kingdom, without acknowledgement that D'Eriq King is the reason the Canes are 8-2 right now and not 4-6.

To your point, yes, let's see what Tyler Van Dyke looks like in this offense before we change the name of San Amaro Drive to Rhett Lashlee Drive. Pump the brakes, nerds and slurpers.

Advertisement
Can we please stop mentioning Baker in every thread? For the millionth time: This defense IS NOT BAKER's DEFENSE. Most likely he will be gone if not only to please many fans. Especially those who always look for excuses for the home town hero. Fans who will say Bravo Manny you did it. Yeah, just a pacifier given to a crying baby.
The problems go far beyond Baker and his position coaches. I'm just tired of repeating the same thing over and over.

Last edited:
Here's what we do know, people keep giving King and lashlee to much credit, when we faced real competition, neither one has shown up at all. People can say what they want about perry or rosier, but both of those guys showed up in more than one bug game, all I see from King is him under throwing the ball in key moments and people blaming wiggins for those picks, lol. This man wiggins is being asked to throttle down and save King, if King doesn't understand by now to just throw the ball as far as he can when he's throwing to wiggins, he won't know.

And people need to stop with the fooletry, that do called #1 cb recruit was about to get cooked, but once again King under throwing the man, that cb barely did anything all game, rhett lashlee just gets clueless against better defenses. I'm not sure what people expected from a guy coming from smu, but alot that **** he doing is never gone work over.

Can we please stop mentioning Baker in every thread? For the millionth time: This defense IS NOT BAKER's DEFENSE. Most likely he will be gone if not only to please many fans. Especially those who always look for excuses for the home town hero. Fans who will say Bravo Manny you did it. Yeah, just a pacifier given to a crying baby.
The problems go far beyond Baker and his position coaches. I'm just tired of repeating the same thing over and over.
Manny ran Manny's defense better than Baker is running Manny's defense, so it's Baker's version of Manny's defense that stinks.

Here's what we do know, people keep giving King and lashlee to much credit, when we faced real competition, neither one has shown up at all. People can say what they want about perry or rosier, but both of those guys showed up in more than one bug game, all I see from King is him under throwing the ball in key moments and people blaming wiggins for those picks, lol. This man wiggins is being asked to throttle down and save King, if King doesn't understand by now to just throw the ball as far as he can when he's throwing to wiggins, he won't know.

And people need to stop with the fooletry, that do called #1 cb recruit was about to get cooked, but once again King under throwing the man, that cb barely did anything all game, rhett lashlee just gets clueless against better defenses. I'm not sure what people expected from a guy coming from smu, but alot that **** he doing is never gone work over.
Perry does not belong on the field. I'd rather see TVD or Machota any day of the week. Carry on..

Advertisement

FINALLY! Thank u

Baker is a scape goat. This is Manny Diaz’s defense!

Ppl forget when Wisconsin was running it down our throats 2x before Baker got here. Ppl forget that we gave up 200+ in back to back games against FSU & GT in 2017, or Clemson lighting us up in the ACCCG in 17, or BC & GT shoving it down our throats in ‘18, & countless other examples I don’t feel like rehashing when Diaz was the DC.

Diaz is better than D’Onofrio, but that’s not saying much. The fact is the defense has been flawed since its inception. The Golden led recruits disguised its flaws. As Golden’s players moved on, & Diaz’s players moved in, the flaws became exponentially obvious.

Manny ran Manny's defense better than Baker is running Manny's defense, so it's Baker's version of Manny's defense that stinks.
Sorry but Baker doesn't run Manny's defense. Manny runs Manny's defense. He often takes play calling during games when things go bad. Baker is a puppet. Diaz is everywhere in defensive meetings and planning. He approves every recruit. His hands are in everything. Read the latest interview Manny gave. Even before Baker was hired our defense did badly against teams who figured out Manny's scheme and who have a strong running game. Case in point: Manny's ex-boss at Texas.

Advertisement
Hello fellow mongers.

I rarely post, but do read a lot of what is shared here. I don't want to repeat what others have already expressed here - just my thoughts on the current state of the program, what should happen and what will likely will happen:

1. I want to make sure that UNC did not spike our water supply with Xanax or Indica weed; because we looked stoned and useless. I was about to get our defense a couch and some Doritos instead of being out on the field.
2. Its time for Blake James to go and leave us alone - he's done a decent job in some areas, but not when it comes to football.
3. We have massive deficiencies at the LB/CB/S level - none of those guys belong on a Top 5 team. Not even Bubba Bolden who I really like.
4. We have an even greater deficiency at DC - led by Blake Baker. A person that continuously gets out-schemed and bailed out by Manny. That needs to end ASAP.
5. When it comes to Manny, not everything is back. But not everything is good either. He is too much of a players' coach - and this is what happens when disaster strikes; your players do not fear you and won't react appropriately.

I believe that Blake Baker will be dismissed at the end of the season; I don't have any inside info but to me this is crystal clear. If Manny does not make this move, he will lose his job after next season. I also believe that there will be 1-2 more changed on the defensive side of the ball. In terms of what should happen, I hope that we can increase our budget and hire additional people to help support the program - we are still understaffed when compared to elite Top 5 programs.

The university has made positive changes under Frenk after a much maligned Shall regime that elected for cheap Chinese dry wall over quality American components. I hope that they keep addressing the deficiencies and bring us back to where we belong.

Happy holidays and God bless.
So Shalala a tool of the Chinese too?

Perry does not belong on the field. I'd rather see TVD or Machota any day of the week. Carry on..
Say what you want bout perry, but their hasn't been one game where he's played significant minutes that we didn't have a chance to win. And he's won more meaningful games than King.

PBJ.jpg

Advertisement
Back