A request

4Canes

Thunderdome
Can we get a moratorium of the petty back and forth BS that invades every thread?
That would be great, thanks!:manicrolleyes:

Advertisement
You know where it begins. We win a game, CTCANE and txcanes start calling people out. When I blast Morris I don't refer to CTCANE and txcanes.

You know where it begins. We win a game, CTCANE and txcanes start calling people out. When I blast Morris I don't refer to CTCANE and txcanes.
This.

So, while I'm in favor of a moratorium on that stuff since we're in the midst of enjoying a spectacular run that may lock us up a Regional host with a strong finish (and with an ACC Tourney title might put us in discussion for Top 8 national seeding)...you need to talk to those fvcks. They STFU, I will too.

I agree that a balance needs to be struck. People were concerned at the beginning of the season, and rightfully so. Some are still concerned with some of the play at times even during the hot streak. Basically saying, we won the game, but didn't play well doing it, and that will bite us against good match ups.

Example: We waxed Clemson on Sunday, and I believe it was that game where there was a ground ball between 3rd and SS that the 3rd baseman slightly overplayed, it hit his glove and rolled in the outfield. Runner on first. The good news is it was of zero ill-consequence in this game. The bad news is it is the type of play that in a close game, in the past few seasons, it turns into a runner on second, sparks an inning and Miami is left saying what just happened here.

On the play, it is technically the 3rd baseman's ball IMO, but the SS may have been able to make a better throw. After it hits his glove, neither of them have a play, but both are left in a bad position to retrieve the ball. IMO, the 3B, SS and LF were all a little too slow getting to the ball, and if it was a tighter game that guy takes second and starts a rally. My thoughts are he was not pushing it being down north of 3/4 runs at the time.

IMO, there is nothing wrong with discussing this or other good or bad moves in the course of a game, streak or team update thread.

I think it is baseball talk. I told you so threads or "can I cheer for my team, guysm" threads and posts are not.

We have people crying after the 2nd game of the season and then say after we lose 1 GAME that we can't host a regional. I will call them out when they do that. Sorry, if you don't like it don't read it. A lot of the Anti Morris posters are eating major crow and won't admit it.

Advertisement
You're the guy who started the what a disappointing performance against ND when we were in the middle of a great stretch. Talk about living a miserable existence. How about we stop with stupid threads like that?

We have people crying after the 2nd game of the season and then say after we lose 1 GAME that we can't host a regional.
*facepalm*...Christ...this guy still doesn't get it.

I'll ask one question, and just give me a straight yes or no.

Back when we lost that game to Maine, and were struggling early in the season losing to teams like Stetson and Bethune Cookman, would you have had us down as hosting a Regional at that point?

If your answer is yes, then you're delusional. If your answer is no, then maybe that will help you understand where some of us were coming from back then.

I will call them out when they do that.
The only problem is that NO ONE HAS DONE THAT DURING THIS STREAK. We may have analyzed how those early losses to mid-major clubs have hurt our postseason possibilities (which is a completely valid thing to look at), but no one has said that losing 1 game out of 19 to Notre friggin Dame was the core reason that we were iffy to host a Regional. Winning 18 out of 19 doesn't cure everything. If it did, we'd be #1 in every poll, and in the RPI. But, we're not. You know why that is? Because of those losses to the likes of Maine/Stetson/Bethune Cookman. There were games before this streak that have (and will) affect our postseason prospects.

Sorry, if you don't like it don't read it. A lot of the Anti Morris posters are eating major crow and won't admit it.
I'll admit that I didn't think this team had this type of run in them after watching them struggle mightily in the early part of the season. I thought that it was going to be same ****/different year, especially with how our seasons had gone the past few years...and those struggles in these past seasons are directly attributable to Morris and Arteaga in particular. People who know the game (note, I didn't say "fans") understand this. That's not dogging Morris out, it's simply fact. If you know baseball, have played baseball, and/or have coached baseball...there were a bunch of red flags that were easily recognizable. Pointing those out is realistic, not pointing them out is either ignorant or delusional, or possibly both.

The team's attitude didn't seem to have any fire these past few seasons. Dudes looked lifeless, as did Morris. That was cause for major concern, and like it or not: that falls at Morris' feet. This year...they have more pep. I think it's the infusion of the younger guys which has helped. I give more credit for that to Gino being back in the fold, as that guy knows how to recruit. Morris seems to be doing better, and getting a little rejuvenated by the Freshmen and this spectacular run we've had.

Quit with the dumbass jabs and petty BS, and let's just enjoy the success we're having at the moment. I want it to keep going as much as anybody. All the idiotic chest-thumping and callouts is just stupid, and adds nothing to the experience.

You're the guy who started the what a disappointing performance against ND when we were in the middle of a great stretch. Talk about living a miserable existence. How about we stop with stupid threads like that?
Where was he wrong w/that thread? We lost against the worst team in the ACC at The Light, and didn't look all that good doing it. It's not a stupid thread if it's true.

Advertisement
Yea right! The crybabies are lying in the weeds waiting for their chance to start threads about fire this guy, that guy sucks! Chances are tha we won't win the World Series and you'll all be back in full force. It works both ways, so if you're a half empty glass kind of guy, SUCK IT! If you're a glass half guy, ENJOY IT!

Yea right! The crybabies are lying in the weeds waiting for their chance to start threads about fire this guy, that guy sucks! Chances are tha we won't win the World Series and you'll all be back in full force. It works both ways, so if you're a half empty glass kind of guy, SUCK IT! If you're a glass half guy, ENJOY IT!

Some will because they are a pain in the ***. Some will depending on how it goes down - if we get straight beat by better teams with better play, then that will attract one type of response --- beating ourselves, errors, mental mistakes and bad coaching will likely stimulate a much different response.

For the record: I don't care who coaches the **** team. But I would not expect the anti-Morris crew to eat any crow at this time. See how the season ends.

In reality the glass is both half empty and full, so I suppose you can "Suck It" and "Enjoy It" then?

In reality the glass is both half empty and full, so I suppose you can "Suck It" and "Enjoy It" then?

Unfortunately the extremist on either side ruin it for us in the middle. But yes enjoy it while it last because we know the odds are stacked against us to win it all.

Advertisement
All for it 4canes! Let's enjoy the team! Notice I used no names unlike others, that would just keep the back and forth going! Up to 5 in one poll!!

Keep the personal marks aside and discuss baseball...

A strong finish to the year will have us in the debate for a national seed! Who would have thunk that after losing all of them mid-week losses and starting 11-11.....

Advertisement
Keep the personal marks aside and discuss baseball...

A strong finish to the year will have us in the debate for a national seed! Who would have thunk that after losing all of them mid-week losses and starting 11-11.....

Lighten up Francis!

And if the 'Canes win it, EVERYBODY ON THIS BOARD WILL BE...

[video=youtube;y6Sxv-sUYtM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM[/video]

Explain to me what I don't get Einstein? What I don't get is someone going crazy in the 2nd game of the season when there are 55 on the schedule. I also don't get someone saying we can't host a regional because we lost one game. Are you willing to admit that was a stupid comment?

Even if we don't make it to Omaha, Morris will definitely be back next year and deservedly so.

Advertisement
Back