A Quick Note About Stacy Coley

zoso493

Redshirt *** Splitter
I rarely feel the need to start a whole new thread about a recruit or player, but I really feel like it needs to be pointed out that Stacy Coley got in this class through some pretty extraordinary circumstances.

A few months ago, it seemed like everyone on here had conceded Coley to the 'Noles. I guess it was pretty well-known that we had backed off of Coley a little bit, and a lot of people speculated that he either had grade problems or attitude issues, or both, and that he was a little bit too much of a "me" guy for the staff to seriously consider offering. My own take (which really has no gravity) on it is that the staff wanted to evaluate his on-field attitude a little bit first. Watching his highlights, I'm inclined to the think that the staff probably did find some attitude problems with Coley (the dude practically walked into the endzone on half of his highlight video just toying with defenders).

Then it came out that we were recruiting Coley, and that McDonald had been in regular contact with the kid, but we weren't quite ready to make him a solid offer or put the full-court press on him. Nobody could believe it, and if they did, they didn't give us a chance (except Duval - should have listened to our boy). A few people started saying that we gave Coley somewhat of an ultimatum - either straighten up and be a team leader on the field, or we can't take a chance on you, as talented as you are.

Then all of a sudden, Coley was mentioning us in interviews, and it looked like we were on him a little bit harder.

Now, this is based entirely on speculation, which by the way seems to be what most insider recruiting information is more less based on, but I think we really need to give Stacy Coley a **** of a lot of credit here for doing what the staff asked of him. If Golden and company really had doubts about this kid's attitude, he must have worked pretty **** hard to put those fears to rest. He must have shown them that he was ready to be a team guy and was ready to put in the amount of work that he needed to. He was really serious about being a Hurricane. There are so many guys out there who would say "**** that, I have a million other offers that aren't conditional on my putting in any work and I'll just take any one of them and be on my way." But no, Coley rose to the challenge. He wanted to be a 'Cane and he worked for it. He made absolutely sure the staff knew he was worthy of an offer, and then it all paid off in the end.

This is the kind of dude who succeeds in college, if any of this true. We're lucky to have this kid, and if this staff can get 100% percent from him, he's going to be a special talent. I hope that his effort during this process won't be forgotten three years from now when he's clowning everybody in a national championship.

Advertisement
nope. wrong.

well, the content i like , but the thread title is wrong.....not a quick note. a quick note is- "Stacey Coley is going to be really really good for us. Kid s a hard worker."

nope. wrong.

well, the content i like , but the thread title is wrong.....not a quick note. a quick note is- "Stacey Coley is going to be really really good for us. Kid s a hard worker."

I agree. I set out for this to be a shorter post, so I apologize for having taken up 45 seconds of your time as opposed to 10.

Advertisement
Alot of people were saying his attitude was not needed at UM and what not. What I find funny is he is EXACTLY what Um is all about. Dude did not do any interviews, No twitter, No look at me I am a recruit, dude went thru the process, showed up to school and swag out for his city. How can you not want a guy like that on your team. I am sure we will now have guilty parties retract all those comments but kid by definition is all cane.

I hope he continues to bomb players, hop over them after TDs, and trot into the endzone after breaking big plays. Rumble young man, rumble

Advertisement
Really love the local guys we got. No hat games. No twittering ***gotry. No bullshyt games. Just gritty super-talented guys like Burns, Carter, Grace and Coley.

Guys talk about UM being built on S FL dudes like Highsmith and Bratton and Jerome. Those were tough hard-nosed grinding dudes. They remind me of the guys we just got from down here and not the dramatic ****** social media hounds and trolls and divas.

Love the guys we got. F#ck the ****** traitors.

Advertisement
Love when you hear about kids that did the extra things they needed to so they could attend the school they want. Welcome aboard Stacey.

Advertisement
Really love the local guys we got. No hat games. No twittering ***gotry. No bullshyt games. Just gritty super-talented guys like Burns, Carter, Grace and Coley.

Guys talk about UM being built on S FL dudes like Highsmith and Bratton and Jerome. Those were tough hard-nosed grinding dudes. They remind me of the guys we just got from down here and not the dramatic ****** social media hounds and trolls and divas.

Love the guys we got. F#ck the ****** traitors.

Franchise, your my favorite poster, bro. Always keeping it real and bringing the truth. No sugar coating it, just spitting out the facts. Much respect to you, sir.

Advertisement
Back