A question just to hear what yall think

504CANE4LIFE

Recruit
If we play Louisville or Clemson in the acc championship and we are both undefeated( which means we are both probably in the top 5) should the acc get 2 teams in the playoffs if it's a close game?

Advertisement
You're a little ahead of yourself I think and it's impossible to know with so many outcomes

But it would depend on how close the game is and how many undefeated teams are left

Assuming we win out means fsu has another loss and our strength of schedule would stink becuase notre Dame would have at least three losses

Would be very hard for us to get in with a loss over an undefeated Stanford or Houston(if it's Clemson and Houston beats Louisville). I doubt all those teams go undefeated so if we have one loss to a good team and Acc champ win then we could get in

I think the loser would get the short end of the stick because I don't think any of us have a particularly strong schedule

Advertisement
Advertisement
If we play Louisville or Clemson in the acc championship and we are both undefeated( which means we are both probably in the top 5) should the acc get 2 teams in the playoffs if it's a close game?

Only way ACC gets in two is if a one loss FSU, Clemson, or UL gets excluded from playing in the ACCCG and more importantly everyone else has two losses.

Advertisement
Short answer: no. Longer answer: for **** sake, let's worry about winning the next game before you go putting us in the acccg.

55359295.jpg

Advertisement
It's all fancy to think about all this but we need to worry about winning the Coastal and beating FSU. If we do those things I can live with whatever else comes

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

I am not going to speak in hypotheticals cause this thread is too specific.

However, from everything I have heard going back to even before this playoff officially started the committee wanted to give Conference champions priority over Non -conference champions. It all stemmed from when the SEC had LSU play Bama in the Championship a few years back with many people being angry about that result.

It got to the point that the head of the playoff committee was asked about this very scenario prior to the 2014 season and he something vaguely indicating Conference Championships would be prioritized in determining the Final four teams.

I think that when push comes to shove we will have 4 of the 5 Conference Champions represented (Unless Houston is Ranked ahead, which would make it 3 of the 5 Major conferences.)

Last edited:
No. Only way 2 teams from the same conference are making the playoffs is if they are in the same division.

Advertisement
Back