A Picture that I Think Means So Much More

Dude, do you know what that defense looks like, it looks like if you're playing a game of Madden and you're distracted taking a drink of beer and you just hit the A Button without looking at what defense you just actually selected.

Advertisement
I keep asking this question.

At what point do you stack 8 against 8 in the box?

At what point do you abandon your base formation?

At that point do you stop asking players to do what they seemingly can't do?

At What t point do you realize that they are going to run the ball and commit to stopping it?

At 100 yards? 200? 300?

What is going to take? What does the other team have to do to convince you that you should out more people in the line of scrimmage to prevent there other team from running it down your throat?

If LB's can't make plays, when do you start adding lineman to the equation? Bringing safeties up?

When do you decide to do what every other team in the nation does when they are getting gashed?

Are you that scared that they might throw the ball over the top?

I don't ******* understand. They dug their own grave tonight. And Lu is right, we have seen it from the first game against Maryland.

I'm hurt and sad man.

Braveheart, your a smart dude. I will unite the clans in the north, if you lead the march on Coral Gables. Al Golden can take our money, but he will never take our foooooooooottttttbbbaaaalllllllll!!!!!!

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=15_Y3_eRfOU[/video]

Advertisement
It's definitely more than just one play in a game. The worst thing about it is it has taken a program which has thrived upon a "chip on the shoulder" and "I'm not afraid of you *****" attitude and become a "hey shucks you guys are good do you wanna be friends" circle jerk. It permeates every part of the team. I just don't see any of the Miami attitude out of the kids. I think if they were allowed to go "fly around" and make plays that at least the product on the field would at least give us a glimmer of hope and be a little more palatable. Instead we look disinterested, lethargic, and outmanned.

Amazes me still how we recruit these athletes in the secondary and we play them off the ball like they run 5 second 40's.

They think they're slow 2 stars like they recruited at Temple. They are used to coaching sheep to play against wolves. They have no idea how to let the wolves they recruited from S Fla hunt.............

Last edited:
Advertisement
Defense by its very nature is reactionary but that's the struggle. The best defenses are the ones who are able to dictate what the offense does. The more you can dictate the better you will be, has this defense dictated anything over the last 4 seasons?

The ONLY way to dictate what the offense does is through misdirection and aggresive attack.

Show, Cover, Attack. Show one thing, cover what you're really going to do, and then attack.

This is millennia old, and it works.

I only see 10 players on the field....

:kim:

it just keeps getting worse.

In case you guys aren't being sarcastic, there's a corner covering a WR at the bottom of the screen.

Nebraska did this countless times. They also used a trip formation that we never adjusted to. Completely dictated the defensive formation. The few times we went after their QB a bit, he looked like ****, or at least like a RB with a good arm.

**** everything.

Advertisement
Defense by its very nature is reactionary but that's the struggle. The best defenses are the ones who are able to dictate what the offense does. The more you can dictate the better you will be, has this defense dictated anything over the last 4 seasons?

The ONLY way to dictate what the offense does is through misdirection and aggresive attack.

Show, Cover, Attack. Show one thing, cover what you're really going to do, and then attack.

This is millennia old, and it works.

You and your damned book. :)
:hair-fire:

Advertisement

It has dictated multiple 500 and 600 offensive performances by other teams. It has dictated multiple blowouts on national primetime.

I hate this defensive philosophy. Soft. Afraid. Inflexible.

This pic is just a microcosm. It's like a grad student trying to outsmart his kid brother at madden with exotic defenses, when all he's gonna do is just run it straight ahead anyway.

I only see 10 players on the field....

:kim:

it just keeps getting worse.

In case you guys aren't being sarcastic, there's a corner covering a WR at the bottom of the screen.

Nebraska did this countless times. They also used a trip formation that we never adjusted to. Completely dictated the defensive formation. The few times we went after their QB a bit, he looked like ****, or at least like a RB with a good arm.

**** everything.

In all honesty I thought we had 10 on the field.

Either way.

Butch Davis.

I keep asking this question.

At what point do you stack 8 against 8 in the box?

At what point do you abandon your base formation?

At that point do you stop asking players to do what they seemingly can't do?

At What t point do you realize that they are going to run the ball and commit to stopping it?

At 100 yards? 200? 300?

What is going to take? What does the other team have to do to convince you that you should out more people in the line of scrimmage to prevent there other team from running it down your throat?

If LB's can't make plays, when do you start adding lineman to the equation? Bringing safeties up?

When do you decide to do what every other team in the nation does when they are getting gashed?

Are you that scared that they might throw the ball over the top?

I don't ******* understand. They dug their own grave tonight. And Lu is right, we have seen it from the first game against Maryland.

I'm hurt and sad man.
I am 100% convinced that Golden and Dorito don't know how to run a different system. This is it, this is what they know and asking them to change it is impossible because they don't know how to. I truly believe we have the most incompetent staff in the country.

Advertisement
Back