A perspective from the other side

Agreed. I like TVD and want him to succeed. I insisted all offseason that Gattis was holding him back and he would be fine in a functional system. That's still partially true, but it's also true that he is far too often a 1 read QB who locks on to his primary receiver *cough* Restrepo *cough*, especially on 3rd and 4th down, and it leads to INTs. That criticism is completely valid.
The only thing unfathomable is people pretending Emory is going to come in and play better. Even if he is as great as CIS believes that is a tall ask.

Advertisement
The only thing unfathomable is people pretending Emory is going to come in and play better. Even if he is as great as CIS believes that is a tall ask.
Odds are he isn’t as good, but if he isn’t a turnover machine like TVD and is able to distribute the ball efficiently, that would be a step in the right direction.

Odds are he isn’t as good, but if he isn’t a turnover machine like TVD and is able to distribute the ball efficiently, that would be a step in the right direction.
As a true freshman, I prefer not to put that on him at this stage. Especially if he's not ready, there won't be anywhere to turn after that.

As a true freshman, I prefer not to put that on him at this stage. Especially if he's not ready, there won't be anywhere to turn after that.
If he’s mentally tough, he’ll be fine. Amazing how we want to coddle our QBs but other schools play freshman QBs all the time and have success doing so. I would rather TVD figure it out but at this point, he is what he is. If it comes down to saving this season and growing with Williams or tanking with TVD(if he doesn’t figure it out) I’m going for upside. At least you’d then know what you have going forward.

Advertisement
So I’ll confess I am a UNC fan but rest assured I come in peace. As you guys are focusing on the reasons for the loss last night, I want to share what I saw. First, talent-wise, you guys have some great skill sets and players. VanDyke played his *** off last night even after taking some brutal huts…he’s a warrior and you’re lucky to have him. The biggest difference I saw was as a lack of team discipline, which starts with the coaches. (The penalty on your asst. coach seemed to say everything about how the players are being held accountable). Secondly, the calls made by Cristobal were not thought out well and the failure to adjust during the game clinched it for us. With that being said, hopefully UM will be able to correct the leadership and you guys will have a bright future. One helluva game in the first half and wish you the best the rest of the season.
the biggest difference was lack of team discipline? they had like 200 yards in penalties. the biggest difference was talent and mindset.
Lucky to have TVD when he is missing wide open wr's and forcing the ball to X?
This is such a dumb post. honestly.

I think people forgot about Emory's performance against Bethune. It wasn't inspiring, but I might just be focusing on his missed throw to Riley up the sidelines

If he’s mentally tough, he’ll be fine. Amazing how we want to coddle our QBs but other schools play freshman QBs all the time and have success doing so. I would rather TVD figure it out but at this point, he is what he is. If it comes down to saving this season and growing with Williams or tanking with TVD(if he doesn’t figure it out) I’m going for upside. At least you’d then know what you have going forward.
Week 10 is earliest they can make that move. You don't throw away season this early with what we have at stake.

I think people forgot about Emory's performance against Bethune. It wasn't inspiring, but I might just be focusing on his missed throw to Riley up the sidelines
It was Bethune, the important thing in those games is to stay healthy. Nothing else can be ascertained.

Advertisement
Week 10 is earliest they can make that move. You don't throw away season this early with what we have at stake.
True, but I’d be willing to have that convo. No one on this team is above eating bench if they underperform. TVD is underperforming in multiple areas. Your first responsibility as a QB is to limit turnovers, he isn’t doing that.

So I’ll confess I am a UNC fan but rest assured I come in peace. As you guys are focusing on the reasons for the loss last night, I want to share what I saw. First, talent-wise, you guys have some great skill sets and players. VanDyke played his *** off last night even after taking some brutal huts…he’s a warrior and you’re lucky to have him. The biggest difference I saw was as a lack of team discipline, which starts with the coaches. (The penalty on your asst. coach seemed to say everything about how the players are being held accountable). Secondly, the calls made by Cristobal were not thought out well and the failure to adjust during the game clinched it for us. With that being said, hopefully UM will be able to correct the leadership and you guys will have a bright future. One helluva game in the first half and wish you the best the rest of the season.

Thanks... you did your best to give the game away with all the penalties. But best of luck..

Advertisement
True, but I’d be willing to have that convo. No one on this team is above eating bench if they underperform. TVD is underperforming in multiple areas. Your first responsibility as a QB is to limit turnovers, he isn’t doing that.
Mannio should have brought in someone to compete at QB. This is the bed he made.

Advertisement
Back