A nice story..

C

CaneOil

Talked to a kid today at the gym, (young man lol) he had an Oregon shirt on so I said what happened to them last night. He said he was a walk on RB there from 13-16, got to play in quite a few games when they use to blow out teams. He said they just haven't got the same quality of players since Kelly left. He said he was very good at spotting talent.

Stayed in school, graduated in 18 with a masters degree and works for ESPN here in Vegas now. He got a full ride because of grades. He came from LA, went to a private school there too. Full ride because of grades again, usually 37k a year. Hard working parents, helped him stay on track. He told me he didn't see kids getting big paydays like we hear of in the SEC. Said the scholly players got 1700 a month that was used for housing ect which was only 450 off school grounds.

Absolutely a top notch kid I was proud of him, I can Imagine how his parents feel. Sharp as a tack. Talked to him for about a half hour, what an amazing story he has. JJ Jones! Now coaches 13-14 year old kids to give back. Can't say enough good things about him. That's all I've got for today. lol

Advertisement
Talked to a kid today at the gym, (young man lol) he had an Oregon shirt on so I said what happened to them last night. He said he was a walk on RB there from 13-16, got to play in quite a few games when they use to blow out teams. He said they just haven't got the same quality of players since Kelly left. He said he was very good at spotting talent.

Stayed in school, graduated in 18 with a masters degree and works for ESPN here in Vegas now. He got a full ride because of grades. He came from LA, went to a private school there too. Full ride because of grades again, usually 37k a year. Hard working parents, helped him stay on track. He told me he didn't see kids getting big paydays like we hear of in the SEC. Said the scholly players got 1700 a month that was used for housing ect which was only 450 off school grounds.

Absolutely a top notch kid I was proud of him, I can Imagine how his parents feel. Sharp as a tack. Talked to him for about a half hour, what an amazing story he has. JJ Jones! Now coaches 13-14 year old kids to give back. Can't say enough good things about him. That's all I've got for today. lol

I am pretty sure that once he played in a game he was either put on a football scholly or had to pay out of pocket. You can't have football players on academic schollys.

I am pretty sure that once he played in a game he was either put on a football scholly or had to pay out of pocket. You can't have football players on academic schollys.

I'll ask him next time I see him, he said he wasn't on a football scholly. Maybe his academic schoolly wasn't from the school? I really don't know anything about that. Good question though, I'll ask him.

Advertisement
I'll ask him next time I see him, he said he wasn't on a football scholly. Maybe his academic schoolly wasn't from the school? I really don't know anything about that. Good question though, I'll ask him.

Its not really important. I was just throwing that out there lol. Good for the kid he seems like a good guy. I never though of that possibility. He may have received one of those merit based schollys in HS or whatever. I am not sure how the NCAA views those.

Advertisement
Back