A national championship in basketball

Trust me I'm not getting ahead of myself at all here. Just an open question to everyone who reads this from the longtime Miami basketball fan to the newer ones.

How would a national championship make you feel in basketball compared to football? I know football is the big sport but the basketball national title IMO is the toughest to win. Also, would your gratification level be the same if Miami hadnt endured the last 3 years of scrutiny and scandal with black clouds looming?

For me... It would be the ultimate **** you. It would say **** you to every single hater in the ncaa and the media. It will say, **** you, we have 5 titles in football, 4 in baseball, and 1 in basketball. Won a championship in all 3 in the past 15 years. **** you, ncaa. You try to stick it to us but look. We are on every TV show, every broadcast, every radio show, and we are throwing lobs and throwing up the U wherever we are at. We beat your best. **** Tobacco Road. **** duke. **** North Carolina. **** NCST. **** Frank Haith. **** Nevin Shapiro. **** everyone.

It would be just as gratifying for me, as it would to win in any sport.

The U.

Would be comparable to the '83 football title and there wasnt even a basketball team back then.

I would take 50 years of losing records in basketball for another football title.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/**** you.gif

Advertisement
This was my facebook post as the clock was ticking it's final seconds of the ACCT:

"I am seriously on the verge of tears. I never thought I would see the Canes not just sweep the ACC but be one of the most dominant teams in the country. Inside, outside, defense, everything. ACC Champions Regular Season and Tournament. Give Larranaga a life time contract. Retire Shane's number now. Bronze Julian Gamble's shoes. Make a mold of the bump on Durand Scott's head. Make a Fathead of Trey McKinney Jones' holding his 3 point shot stance. CANES!!!!!!!!"

Winning one in basketball would be exponentially larger than one in football or baseball because it would be the first. Because of where it has been built from and the growth of the program that could potentially endure from a moment like that. Like OrangeCane, I was involved in the student section activities for a while there, including our last NCAA bid in the 07-08 season. But having enrolled in the 04-05 season (first ACC year), I suffered through some of the worst good years ever. The talent was there, the ability was there, but like Seth Greenberg, it was never fully put together. I still regularly refer to the screen Will Frisby dropped on Ismail Muhammad as the hardest hit I've seen in person (including Brandon Meriwether's hit against Louisville on a Thursday night game). I was part of the crew that helped Will propose to his girlfriend on his senior day game. The monumental difference from where we were when I became a Cane to where we would be makes a basketball title so much greater to me.

Why cant we have a run like Florida where we win everything under the sun in a 4 year span. We have the coaches and talent in place to dream about things like that now.

It would be second only to '83, and more improbable. Keep in mind that Schnellenberger was thinking national championship in 1982, Kelly's senior season. The preseason slogan that year was, "Go For It," meaning the national title.

Advertisement
I'm with you on this, a b-ball title would end just an unfathomable ride. Especially right now, with the cloud that has hung over the school with all the NCAA **** the past few years. This would just be a big middle finger to the NCAA!

A Bball ship would be a 1983 worthy thrill. The first football ship in 83 has never been surpassed because of the shock that the team was able to pull off an unexpected miracle. A Bball ship would be similar.

This plus a bazillion

I wouldnt be mad if we won a basketball national champship but i would be happier if we won football title. Now a days with all the negative pub with NCAA crap it would be good to win it all underneath the cloud.

Winning a **** Tournament championship in basketball would be better to me, than winning the next one in football. I know we will win another in football. There is no reason why Miami shouldn't have a good basketball program. Would be great to stick it to all the Miami haters out there,

and even the Miami football fans who root for UNC/UConn/Duke/UCLA/etc...

whammy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back