A lot to unpack...

ATXCane86

Banned
Banned
First and foremost, congratulations to Manny Diaz. There's no way he wasn't hearing about his inability to win coming off of byes all week and took a shorthanded team on the road and beat a fairly solid NC State team. It wasn't without frustration but this program loses this game 10/10 times going back to the early 2000s.

With that said, Manny needs to think seriously about taking over the defense from here on out and then re-evaluating Baker's role in the offseason. Personnel issues aside, we have been out-schemed week after week going back to last year. Bailey Hockman couldn't beat out James f*cking Blackmon at FSU and looked like a seasoned pro tonight. We finally got to him and then turned him over on the last two possessions and looked a lot more like Manny's defenses under Richt. Certainly makes you think. Don't get me started on Rumph either. CB play is deplorable and he can't recruit - what's the point of keep him around?

Hats off to the O and Rhett Lashlee. The OL killed drives with penalties in the first half but did a great job in pass pro all night and finally started to wear NC State's DL down in the second half. Mallory continues to improve his stock as does Harley and Pope and Wiggins had their moments too. My one gripe is the RB position. Cam was a bit better tonight but nowhere near where a Miami back should be. 8 carries between Chaney and Knighton is unacceptable.

Finally, even if it's just for one year, we need to enjoy D'Eriq King while we have him. He's lived up to the hype and then some and is already the most dynamic QB we've ever seen here. Just a special, special talent.

Advertisement
First and foremost, congratulations to Manny Diaz. There's no way he wasn't hearing about his inability to win coming off of byes all week and took a shorthanded team on the road and beat a fairly solid NC State team. It wasn't without frustration but this program loses this game 10/10 times going back to the early 2000s.

With that said, Manny needs to think seriously about taking over the defense from here on out and then re-evaluating Baker's role in the offseason. Personnel issues aside, we have been out-schemed week after week going back to last year. Bailey Hockman couldn't beat out James f*cking Blackmon at FSU and looked like a seasoned pro tonight. We finally got to him and then turned him over on the last two possessions and looked a lot more like Manny's defenses under Richt. Certainly makes you think. Don't get me started on Rumph either. CB play is deplorable and he can't recruit - what's the point of keep him around?

Hats off to the O and Rhett Lashlee. The OL killed drives with penalties in the first half but did a great job in pass pro all night and finally started to wear NC State's DL down in the second half. Mallory continues to improve his stock as does Harley and Pope and Wiggins had their moments too. My one gripe is the RB position. Cam was a bit better tonight but nowhere near where a Miami back should be. 8 carries between Chaney and Knighton is unacceptable.

Finally, even if it's just for one year, we need to enjoy D'Eriq King while we have him. He's lived up to the hype and then some and is already the most dynamic QB we've ever seen here. Just a special, special talent.
King may stay another year. This hasn't been his best year leading up to tonight. Not saying he's been bad or anything like that, but his stature is the same as Russel, and Kyler Murray. If you are going to get a shot at the next level, you have to show consistent play every game. His passing to night is what i've been expecting of him the entire season. I believe missing an entire season last year put some rust on him. He's slowly shaking it off. He has an opportunity to come back another year and he should take advantage of it if he's wise.

Advertisement

Lol at short handed
We were missing one key guy who is always hurt anyways

Don’t matter who we got at RB. Teams will keep stacking the box and dare us to beat them with the passing game. We have done it tonight. Expect more running room for the backs going forward.

Advertisement
Back