A little Um vs GT history 2005 for this week

Canesmonkey

Recruit
After an opening game loss to FSU The Hurricanes rebounded by winning 8 straight games (including a 27–7 win over previously unbeaten Virginia Tech in Blacksburg) and climbed to the #3 spot in both polls. However, any hopes of a sixth national championship were dashed when the 'Canes were upset, 14–10, by the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets at the Orange Bowl on November 19 (the game was originally scheduled for October 22, but was postponed in the wake of Hurricane Wilma). The Miami offense, which had problems all season, sputtered badly against Georgia Tech and quarterback Kyle Wright was booed continuously during the second half of the game by the Orange Bowl crowd for his ineffective play. The loss also knocked Miami out of a spot in the inaugural ACC Championship Game.

Advertisement
After an opening game loss to FSU The Hurricanes rebounded by winning 8 straight games (including a 27–7 win over previously unbeaten Virginia Tech in Blacksburg) and climbed to the #3 spot in both polls. However, any hopes of a sixth national championship were dashed when the 'Canes were upset, 14–10, by the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets at the Orange Bowl on November 19 (the game was originally scheduled for October 22, but was postponed in the wake of Hurricane Wilma). The Miami offense, which had problems all season, sputtered badly against Georgia Tech and quarterback Kyle Wright was booed continuously during the second half of the game by the Orange Bowl crowd for his ineffective play. The loss also knocked Miami out of a spot in the inaugural ACC Championship Game.

A little GT-UM history you can report back to whatever **** GT message board you come from:

Miami has won 7 of the past 8 meetings, with only one coming by less than double-digits.

That is, indeed, very little history.

Advertisement

Man GT Nerd, if your going to TRY and talk smack, at least be funny and bring hot dancers along, like this guy:

[video=youtube;qpMvS1Q1sos]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpMvS1Q1sos[/video]

Not to worry if you come to the game; Miami has teached an agreement with a local TV affiliate; one of the jumbotrons at Hard Rock will feature close captioned Big Bang Theory Re-runs just for you.

Wow such hatred .... I am a season ticket holder since 1983 .... simply posted this factoid because the last time we played them in a rescheduled game due to a hurricane we overlooked them and lost when we should have easily won .... we now play them again, with the game having been moved on the schedule due to a hurricane and we are flying high after our win at FSU ..... yes first time posting here but NOT a GT fan lol .... apologies accepted Go CANES

Wow such hatred .... I am a season ticket holder since 1983 .... simply posted this factoid because the last time we played them in a rescheduled game due to a hurricane we overlooked them and lost when we should have easily won .... we now play them again, with the game having been moved on the schedule due to a hurricane and we are flying high after our win at FSU ..... yes first time posting here but NOT a GT fan lol .... apologies accepted Go CANES

Sure.

Advertisement

This kinda like the Battle of Bulge, after the Germans disguised themselves in US uniforms:

How much did the tickets cost and what section of the OB were they located at?

Calvin Johnson aint flying through that door. Dude made an unbelievable catch on i believe 4th down to seal their victory. Not happening.

Advertisement

great story, tell another

We are posting facts not hating

This will be similar to 2009 as far as beating georgia tech after an fsu victory is concerned.

Advertisement

Richt is 13-2 vs. GT idiot. He knows how to beat them because he used to play them every year...and this squad is light years better than the squad he lost to them with

Just my opinion but I think the GT game is going to much tougher to win than the FSU game. GT controls the game with their tempo and ground game. If you look at the past few games our defensive statistics for stopping the run has been pathetic to say the least the least. We also have some injuries too. I hope we don't dwell on the FSU victory because we beat a FRESHMAN QB. With that being said, our offense needs to score big time. Not sure why but this game scares more than any game on the schedule. GO CANES

Then why go back to this game? Why not bring up the 2008 game? You know the one where GT actually started running the TO and ran up and down the field on us. That game also knocked us out of ACCCG contention. At least that was a Paul Johnson coached team running the same system we're going to see next Saturday.

Bringing up the 2005 game is completely meaningless. GT didn't even know what the TO was back then.

Just my opinion but I think the GT game is going to much tougher to win than the FSU game. GT controls the game with their tempo and ground game. If you look at the past few games our defensive statistics for stopping the run has been pathetic to say the least the least. We also have some injuries too. I hope we don't dwell on the FSU victory because we beat a FRESHMAN QB. With that being said, our offense needs to score big time. Not sure why but this game scares more than any game on the schedule. GO CANES

It'll be the same formula to beat GT as it always is. Jump out to a quick lead and watch their offense work against them. We've beaten much better versions of this offense in the past. The only thing that beats us is a hangover from the FSU win.

VT on the other hand will be a fight.

Advertisement
Back