A little love for Coach Beard

Zbrod95

Thank God for the Columbus Mafia
So who can admit they were wrong here? I definitely was.

He‘s completely shown that Golden was his handicap and has really had a big impact on Brashard in particular but everybod has taken a step forward in the room. Here’s a little clip.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I didn't lean one way or the other on Coach KB when he was hired, I was in "wait and see" mode, however, he has been nothing but amazing so far in my opinion. Our receivers aren't dropping nearly at the rate of the last few years, they are getting separation, and they are fighting for the ball. Recruiting seems to be quite solid as well!

The only reason there was any disappointment in the hire on my end was because i got excited for the leonard hankerson possibility. KB is the ****** truth! Proving it to all of us.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Underperformed based on what? He had one good season in college. I think what he’s doing is right on par for the type of player he is and a bad eval by the staff

He was a very good player until the foot injury. Clearly, he is not the same. I also think he has been asked to run a lot of routes that require cuts which are not his strength. He isn't a Young type but more of a blow-the-top-off-speed guy. The only time he took the top of TVD threw it a half-second late allowing the CB to knock it down. If he was 8 targets 4 catches and 200 yards with 2 or 3 TDs, I doubt anyone would be complaining. Instead, his three catches are all short routes with limited YAC.

I knew it was gon be a great hire bc he’s a WR technician, he’s young & can relate to these kids, & I didn’t count his recruiting under Golden against him bc nobody was coming to play 4 dat klown

Advertisement
1698275957176.png

Advertisement
Back