A little help understanding RB recruits.

daddacane

Senior
I've never seen Walton-Williams or Cronkrite play, but I'm wondering how they would rank if it came down to taking only two backs..I assume this puts us out of the running for Patrick and Scarlett even with some of the rumors floating around...At 175 pounds is Walton just a rocket or does he really carry a load at that weight?

Advertisement
I would compare Walton to a Willis McGahee because there is no one thing that stands out in his game. He blocks really well, catches the ball out of the backfield, and is a tough runner.

taking 2 backs will be seriously tricky, not for the team but for recruiting. say cronk drops us then johnson and irvin ain't coming here. williams is the most athletic back in the state maybe the country don't wanna lose him as he can have an effect all over the field not just RB.

There is no way Golden doesn't take all 3 if they stick all the way to NSD, and I fully expect Cronkite and Walton to stay. Shoot I'd take Scarlett too if he commits. I'd honestly rather have these four and none ( or only 1) next yr, and redshirt 2 (prob Cronkite and Scarlett)I mean the coaches expected Walton to stay 2016, so that kinda messed everything up.

But like I've been saying, we can't just sit here and say no to 4 studs when next yr if Duke leaves all we'd have is Yearby. We'd have Gus but let's be honest, all 4 of these guys are better than Gus. So if we took 4 we'd have 6 next yr and could redshirt 2 and only sign 1 or none nectar class. It could work out perfect for us

Williams is the fastest of the 3 but the most raw. If you watch his film closely notice he doesn't have a jump cut or a lot of wiggle. When he bounces it out it's not a cut and then get outside and has the worst hands of the 3. This is not only my opinion but also those of certain coaches.

Cronkrite and Walton are very similar as they are more complete backs that have very good hands and used to being used in a variety of ways. Cronkrite is the bigger of the 2 and is a north/south one cut runner while Walton has some good wiggle. Both have great jump cuts and excellent feet and can get in and out very quickly.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back