A little exercise

StevoBevo

Freshman
We are currently the number 10# seed in the latest ESPN bracketology (Up from 11# & on the bubble before beating Wake). We have 6 games left + the ACC tourney to build on top of a decent but not great resume.
We are 4-1 in quad 1 games, 4-4 in quad 2 games and 6-2 in quad 3 games

Fsu all of a sudden becoming a **** show really hurt us as they were a quad 1 loss but now a quad 2 loss, if UNC can pick it up the last few games we can possibly earn another Quad 1
Our remaining schedule looks like this:

@ Louisville (11-13) Quad 2
Vs UVA (16-10) Quad 2
@ PITT (10-16) Quad 3
Vs V tech (15-10) Quad 2
@ BC (9-14) Quad 3
@ Syracuse (13-12) Quad 2

Not really any resume BUILDING Games but almost every single one is a resume destroyer.

I believe we will end up going 4-2 the rest of the way winning @ Louisville, Vs UVA, @ PITT, & @ BC and Losses Vs Vtech & @ Syracuse. As well as 2-1 in the ACC tourney (would be great to beat FSU and either Notre Dame or UNC in the tourney for resume sake) to bring our record up to 24-10 which should DEFINITELY get us in as anywhere between ( I would say ) an 8 seed or 11 seed.
What do y’all think ?

Advertisement
If we go 4-2, we'd almost certainly be a top 4 seed in the ACCT. Going 2-1 in the ACCT would mean we make and lose in the championship game. I would hope (but based on what I see from projections and computers and crap) that going 24-10 (after 22-9, 14-6) would be AT LEAST an 8 seed.

The frustrating part is, we were an 8 seed with Lunardi before we lose 2 in a row. We drop to an 11. We win 2 in a row, including beating Wake on the road, and we move up 1 slot.

We are currently the number 10# seed in the latest ESPN bracketology (Up from 11# & on the bubble before beating Wake). We have 6 games left + the ACC tourney to build on top of a decent but not great resume.
We are 4-1 in quad 1 games, 4-4 in quad 2 games and 6-2 in quad 3 games

Fsu all of a sudden becoming a **** show really hurt us as they were a quad 1 loss but now a quad 2 loss, if UNC can pick it up the last few games we can possibly earn another Quad 1
Our remaining schedule looks like this:

@ Louisville (11-13) Quad 2
Vs UVA (16-10) Quad 2
@ PITT (10-16) Quad 3
Vs V tech (15-10) Quad 2
@ BC (9-14) Quad 3
@ Syracuse (13-12) Quad 2

Not really any resume BUILDING Games but almost every single one is a resume destroyer.

I believe we will end up going 4-2 the rest of the way winning @ Louisville, Vs UVA, @ PITT, & @ BC and Losses Vs Vtech & @ Syracuse. As well as 2-1 in the ACC tourney (would be great to beat FSU and either Notre Dame or UNC in the tourney for resume sake) to bring our record up to 24-10 which should DEFINITELY get us in as anywhere between ( I would say ) an 8 seed or 11 seed.
What do y’all think ?
I'm more of a pessimist with a 3-3 prediction. IMO, UVA will be tough because of their size and defense, even at home. OTOH, I don't see any surefire wins or losses in the six games so ... could just as easily be 6-0 or 0-6.

I hope I"m wrong and this team wins their last 6 regular season games, but just don't see it happening. I can easily see the team going 4-2 or 3-3 to close out. I think we split with the Virginia schools and drop 1, maybe 2 of the road games. This team will need all hands on deck during this final stretch. Need the big 3 (Wong, McGusty & Moore) to be on their "A" games. Any games with less than a combined 50 points from them will be hard to overcome. For many of the older players, there's no telling if this will be it for them so I expect the guys to come in focused. If we can get back to playing with great effort and energy on D, I think this team has a good chance of putting themselves in position to finish as a top 4 seed come tournament time.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We win out the remaining regular season games.
But Notre Dame and Duke need to lose for us to have a chance at the #1 seed in the acc tournament.

Advertisement
Back