A letter to our 2020 signees and their families

Disclaimer: This is my first thread and for the record I actually agree with the proposed 500 post minimums to start one.

First, let me start off by saying thank you! Thank you for choosing to attend The University of Miami and play college football. Despite an underwhelming season, a rabid fan base, and constant negative media exposure you chose to join the Hurricane family. While I may be in the minority right now, I know for certain that I am not alone when I say that I will root for you to win every game of your career at Um. I will cheer for every one of your individual successes for the rest of your lives, football or not (so long as you remain a Cane of course). Unlike some of these fans lately, I will never root for your downfall or cheer when another team beats us. I will not marvel at the success of any other team except yours and I will always be a supporter of yours and everyone one of Hurricane teams to come. Even though it may not seem like it if you read these boards or even have social media, I promise there is a large contingent of UM fans like me out there that will always cheer you on. Thank you for your commitment to this school as a family and good luck in your future endeavors, football or otherwise. I appreciate everyone of our signees today and I am excited to watch you grow.

Advertisement
Disclaimer: This is my first thread and for the record I actually agree with the proposed 500 post minimums to start one.

First, let me start off by saying thank you! Thank you for choosing to attend The University of Miami and play college football. Despite an underwhelming season, a rabid fan base, and constant negative media exposure you chose to join the Hurricane family. While I may be in the minority right now, I know for certain that I am not alone when I say that I will root for you to win every game of your career at Um. I will cheer for every one of your individual successes for the rest of your lives, football or not (so long as you remain a Cane of course). Unlike some of these fans lately, I will never root for your downfall or cheer when another team beats us. I will not marvel at the success of any other team except yours and I will always be a supporter of yours and everyone one of Hurricane teams to come. Even though it may not seem like it if you read these boards or even have social media, I promise there is a large contingent of UM fans like me out there that will always cheer you on. Thank you for your commitment to this school as a family and good luck in your future endeavors, football or otherwise. I appreciate everyone of our signees today and I am excited to watch you grow.
No offense to you, maybe some offense as to you, open letters might be the dumbest thing in the last 20 years.

If you want to communicate to the recruits, there are a dozen different ways to get into communication with them. Do that. If you want likes and shares and tweets and whatever else, I guess that’s the world we live in.

If you want to tell someone thank you, tell them yourself. Don’t rely on a message board or a retweet.

Advertisement
Back