A helluva Safety prospect is gonna get squeezed out...

Advertisement
We not taking 4 safeties... get back to recruiting elite talent only like how we are supposed to. Russel is good but he's not in that tier especially to pencil him in this class this early. If we miss a few guys maybe... 3 safeties will be the max
gurvan hall is the best player in south Florida so he's number 1
Josh jobe 2
Gilbert frierson 3

If jobe decides to leave go after nadab Joseph and that ends the safety class

Cb
Blades
Campbell
Dj Ivey
Surtain or samuels or someone else

Agree halls closing speed is incredible for a safety when I see him I see haha Clinton dix on deer antler....oh wait he went to bama he's already on deer antler

Hall is a complete combo safety. Great at tackling and in coverage. He's a ballhawking safety that loves to hit

Can I ask why no one is considering Surtain?

Bags yes I know those will be thrown. His pops don't need em. His pops is tight with Rumph according to some. I think it will come down to that more than any bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At Safety give me
Frierson
Hall
Joseph or Johnson just think they're better then Russell

At CB give me
Ivey
Blades
Jobe
Campbell

Probably not realistic, although it would be nice. These dream scenarios very rarely happen.

Seems like there are a ton of top level Safety's in the 18 class. How many should we go after and who would you like to see us end up with?

Randy Russell
Gilbert Frierson
Josh Jobe
Gurvan Hall
CJ Smith
Nadab Joseph
Tyreke Johnson

I hope we end up with Frierson, Russell, and Hall. Jobe is the wild card as it appears his recruitment will be a roller coaster ride although he seems all Cane at this point. If anything, this recruiting cycle should have taught rookies to pay attention to clues and Jobes Alabama gloves, business decision talk, and the fact he'll be playing prep ball somewhere far from Florida will make it a drama filled experience with him.

same school as henderson i guess some of the south miami players never been any where, so they are jumping to go to places where their parents couldn't walk down the street. mississippi, bama, virginia, was the worst call me what you want but no way i would send my school to those states mississippi just started allowing black and white kids to go to the prom together and its okay now because of football? so it can be me and i have many white friends, but i know those good ol boys didn't disapear thats why its easy for these kids to leave thats why rump said the parents. i've been to a lot of these places and they dont compare to miami newyork cali and no kind a way.

Advertisement
C.j Smith is the truth.

FS that the U doesn't have but needs

Dude can cover the whole field sideline to sideline. If the ball is in the air that **** is His !

Should sign 6-8 DBs in 2018 - Below are the local offers right now..

FS:

- Frierson (Miami)
- Sherwood (Prob FSU)

SS:

- Hall (Miami)
- Russell (Miami)

CB/S:

- Jobe (Miami)
- Campbell (Miami/Clem right now)

CB:

- Blades (Miami)
- Ivey (Miami)
- Samuel (FSU - Hope Miami offers)
- Edwards (Miami/UF)
- Surtain (Prob LSU)

Ideal Class in Bold - Maybe add Samuel or one other future offered CB

lol at the OP...haven't we learned from last year? Just hold on to Frierson which should be very doable, beat back the hordes for Gurvan Hall which is also a reasonable expectation, and close on Russell which is also reasonable.

If you offer me these 3 right now as the take it or leave it safety class i'm taking it and throwing away the key. Not risking losing these guys for an iffy chance at Jobe or Cajuan Smith or Nadab Joseph.

As for the CB spot, just for chrissakes lock down Ivey and Blades. And actually win one lousy stinking battle for a highly contested kid like Campbell.

Should sign 6-8 DBs in 2018 - Below are the local offers right now..

FS:

- Frierson (Miami)
- Sherwood (Prob FSU)

SS:

- Hall (Miami)
- Russell (Miami)

CB/S:

- Jobe (Miami)
- Campbell (Miami/Clem right now)

CB:

- Blades (Miami)
- Ivey (Miami)
- Samuel (FSU - Hope Miami offers)
- Edwards (Miami/UF)
- Surtain (Prob LSU)

Ideal Class in Bold - Maybe add Samuel or one other future offered CB

I highly doubt we get 6+ of the guys on your listt (bolded or not). As another poster said, DB recruiting next year in So Florida is going to be like the Wild West. Everybody (Bama, Clemson, OSU, etc) is going to be down here trying every recruiting tactic in the book.

Keep Ivey and Frierson, and add Blades and another couple quality guys. The pie in the sky recruiting classes rarely come to fruition.

Advertisement
Can someone give me the background on why so many people feel Surtain and Jobe will not end up here?

Not doing it to myself this class . Not even counting jobe so I'll say 2 safeties and 4 cbs blades might moved to safety

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back