A Good/Bad Stat On Past Offenses

252cane

All-ACC
Seen the thread about how the defense turned around and now we need the same on offense.

Its a old tweet but its interesting. The last four years when miami scores 28+ points they are 27-0. The bad part is on average that is just a hair under 7 games a year they score 28 or more.

Teams like oklahoma, bama, clemson, and osu average is 11 a year. This shows that we dont have to have a big 12 offense but if we get one that can score at least 30 consistently then there will be a lot of Ws.

Advertisement
You should'veve put "past" in the thread title as it will be a completely new offense. Just saying...........

Advertisement
Interesting stat, but consistently putting up 28pts is not as simple to do for us especially with a new OC, new offensive staff, a revamped OL, and reliance on a new QB. While I think we’ll get there by season’s end, I don’t think we come right out of the gate throwing down 30+ a game. I see this really being a tale of 2 seasons in 1 for 2019 - starting with the defense keeping other teams from scoring enough that our offense can put up W’s, then finally it all coming together for us offensively after the OL has had time to gel, and whoever is at QB has had 5-6 games experience and things slow down for them. Plus I think Enos will by then truly understand what he’s got as far as playmakers and will gameplan to exploit their strengths on the backs of the weaknesses of the opposing defenses. Hopefully we only lose 1-2 games for the year and make The ACCCG again because by that time it could be an old fashioned barn burner of a game against Clemson.

Interesting stat, but consistently putting up 28pts is not as simple to do for us especially with a new OC, new offensive staff, a revamped OL, and reliance on a new QB. While I think we’ll get there by season’s end, I don’t think we come right out of the gate throwing down 30+ a game. I see this really being a tale of 2 seasons in 1 for 2019 - starting with the defense keeping other teams from scoring enough that our offense can put up W’s, then finally it all coming together for us offensively after the OL has had time to gel, and whoever is at QB has had 5-6 games experience and things slow down for them. Plus I think Enos will by then truly understand what he’s got as far as playmakers and will gameplan to exploit their strengths on the backs of the weaknesses of the opposing defenses. Hopefully we only lose 1-2 games for the year and make The ACCCG again because by that time it could be an old fashioned barn burner of a game against Clemson.
Don’t be naive, we had no schematical advantage in richt offense and was so **** predictable. I don’t think people really understand just how bad the O was orchestrated under him. Yeah it’s a new offense and that’s nothing but a BLESSING. Whatsoever. Going from richts offense to a modern offense that uses space and schematical advantages is a massive upgrade period, just watch

One can only hope Brock, I’m still thinking that with the new offense that it’s going to take 2 seasons in 1 for things to get ironed out. I get and watched how pathetic Richt’s offense was, in person and afar last year. But I’m of the belief that we will have to start off walking before we can run

Seen the thread about how the defense turned around and now we need the same on offense.

Its a old tweet but its interesting. The last four years when miami scores 28+ points they are 27-0. The bad part is on average that is just a hair under 7 games a year they score 28 or more.

Teams like oklahoma, bama, clemson, and osu average is 11 a year. This shows that we dont have to have a big 12 offense but if we get one that can score at least 30 consistently then there will be a lot of Ws.

BREAKING NEWS. WE WILL WIN IF WE SCORE POINTS.

Advertisement
It's not like 28 points is a ton of offense in today's game. It's not asking a lot. It's like asking D'Onofrio's defense to hold the opponent under 30.

Advertisement
Back