A few tweaks on offense

troycbullock

Redshirt Freshman
And we are good to go.
1. Williams is a capable runner so leverage it. RPO in which in the right read scenario, he runs. Also, select QB draws. This will help OL, which has already starting to improve.
2. Add easy second option routes that are easy to read. One of the problems we have had is our QB’s missing routes because their eyes aren’t down field. A constant reiteration of hitting these routes in practice (and a increasingly lessened pass rush due to #1) will give Williams to confidence to keep his eyes up and hit these routes in a game. Hitting these routes will help us with down and distance scenarios and 3rd conversions.
3. Getting RB’s involved in passing game through actual routes, not just screens. Angle, swings, arrows and wheels need to be added consistently to give Williams quick reads.

Increased time of possession
Convert more 3rd downs
more scoring opportunities

Advertisement
I want to see more of the screen game and I want to see Jarren hit his check downs more. Both will help or extend the run game. I still hate our personnel deployment at times, too

I want to see RB tosses. I feel like yesterday was a perfect time to dial tosses up. If defenses want to test our OL and QB and just blitz us all day, let them rush through and get inside the tackle box while we run sideways to the sideline and take advantage of a favorable numbers advantage.

I want to see RB tosses. I feel like yesterday was a perfect time to dial tosses up. If defenses want to test our OL and QB and just blitz us all day, let them rush through and get inside the tackle box while we run sideways to the sideline and take advantage of a favorable numbers advantage.

Has essentially been taking place w/ screens

Advertisement
One thing I would love to see more is when William's read a blitz that he would have an option to have our rbs run a flat because every team leaves the flat ope against us since we attack the center of the field so much uf we add this we are looking at east 5-6 yard gain

I want to see more of the screen game and I want to see Jarren hit his check downs more. Both will help or extend the run game. I still hate our personnel deployment at times, too
I don't think a single check down pass has been thrown all year even when staring QB in the eye.

Is it me or are we under center much less right now?

Advertisement
JW was on a throw within 3 secs no matter the read, early in the game.... thankfully there were no DB jumping routes ending in disasters

F*ck a third down. Focus on converting second downs. When we cross their 40, f*ck field goals, go for it on 4th every time.

Advertisement

Agreed on tosses but with some sort of inside fake or pause before the pitch. A pitch in itself won’t work with a team as fast as FSU.

Advertisement
We need more play action out of the pistol, IMO. It works better than being under center.

I love the pistol looks Enos has been incorporating into the O the past few weeks. I hope he sticks with it. It's been my favorite offensive systems since Chris Ault started running it with Colin Kaepernick ten years ago at Nevada.

Pistol formations gives you the qb depth of shotgun sets and the run game versatility of being undercenter but without the excessive QB dropback. It's the best of both worlds.

Enos probably implemented more of it to satisfy the fans who have been clamoring for more spread offense but he loves to run the ball from under center. Win-Win.

Advertisement
Back