A Few Things

Consigliere

All-American
In an attempt to better the conversation on here, perhaps we can have a few ground rules:

1. The "BUYOUT": If you're going to bring up the "BUYOUT" as if you know something, please state how you know it. My guess is few (likely no one on here) have read the actual contract, so please stop acting like you know it for fact. In addition, most on here forgot the following:

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...08_1_exit-fee-conference-revenues-acc-members

Maryland is paying $31 Million to leave the ACC. This will be split by the other teams (UL, Cuse, Pitt and ND won't get) and that should make a tremendous dent in the buyout (if not more or the whole thing). This is FREE $$$$. This was not planned and should be spent on the football team.

Finally, on the buyout. These things are negotiable even if they state definitive terms (i.e. a formula for how any years left).

2. The next coach and $$$$. Stop acting like you know that we can only afford XYZ and that the school isn't going to pay. If you actually do know something, please tell us how you know (i.e. a source).

3. How about one thread for coaching candidates? Make it official. Make it organized.

Advertisement
BS.

One thread, and everything gets buried.

The rest of it shows careful deliberation by a great mind of intuition, knowledge, protocol, and logic. All of which doesn't apply here.

Agree with consigliere, too many people speaking with certainty about things they have no knowledge about. Prefacing statements with words like possible,IMO,could ,are alien to these individuals.

Agree with consigliere, too many people speaking with certainty about things they have no knowledge about. Prefacing statements with words like possible,IMO,could ,are alien to these individuals.

That is a classic porster's thought process.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back