A Few Quick Thoughts. Tonight’s Recap vs Duke.

JamesQuall

Bill Hader is Quall
Premium

It was Duke... BUT we played like we meant it, we showed up for the first time since FSU. I was proud of our guys. We had a much lesser opponent and it felt like we showed that we were without a doubt the superior team to everybody, we beat them soundly. God dammit it felt so good to dominate a “P5” opponent instead of playing to their level. We played like we were trying to make a statement to the world, I wish we would play like this against every team.

- First of all... Welcome back Mr. Turnover Chain we missed you.

- Philips was in the backfield all night showing off his motor and determination to get to the person that was holding the football. He plays like the Texas HS player going after the ref after he was ejected. I’m gonna miss this dude next year but will be happy to see him play on Sunday’s.

- Pressure on the QB on almost every play and very few missed tackles. We had the dude seeing ghosts all night. The defense looked sharp and played well. The turnovers were very nice to have.

- Borregales is a dude. Even though he missed his first field goal attempt, I love his attitude. Came back and nailed a 52 yarder. He is almost automatic. I hope his brother keeps the tradition of being a dude as well.

- Harris played like he actually was not injured. He was definitely playing injured for the most of the season. He looked fresh and quick. Similar to the first 2.5 games of the season. He’s no DJ Dallas or Homer but he’s a decent back and shows he has breakaway speed.

- Chaney reminds of an old school Miami RB. Think Gore. That may be too far (is too far?) or may be an exaggeration but I am truly excited about what he brings and his potential. He needs more touches in both the run and pass game.

- Flagg Jr seemed like he has some speed and was in position to make some plays in the first half. This has been severely lacking from LBs all season. I hope he continues to progress because Lord knows we need A LOT of help at LB (Come play for the crib T2).

- King is by far and away the best player we have had in a decade or more. The dude is a dude, a player, a game manager, a game changer, something that has been missing from Miami football for far too long. He wills us to win and is a true leader, also dynamic. I hope he comes back next year but wish him nothing but health, wealth, and happiness in life.

- WRs were average but that’s better than they had been all season except for the past 2-3 games where Harley has stepped up. Harley has been showing his potential I’m glad he has stepped up. There was a graphic they put up on screen after his long TD reception for passes of 20+ yards: “First 5 games 1 reception for 25 yards. Last 4 games 7 receptions for 263 yards and 3 TDs.” Congrats Harley I am eating crow. Keep balling out.

- I wish Brevin could have stayed healthy all season. The dude is a stud when he is in and healthy. The guy seems like he is almost imaginary. He seems like he could be a world beater and someone we should feed the ball to at least 10 times or more a game but it never happens and he’s always injured. To a lesser degree this is also Mallory. I wish we would use our beastly tight ends more in the passing game. Is this partially due to Likens?

- Can we get a punt returner that does muff it every time they’re back there?

- Very few penalties and a bull**** personal foul against Silvera. We played disciplined football. Again proud of our guys.

Beautiful game. GO CANES!

Advertisement
Flagg was everywhere to begin the game. He will be our starting MLB next year.

Brevin healthy makes the offense better. Would love to see him come back but I’m sure he leaves.

king steady as always. Hope he comes back next year.

Harris was no doubt injured for awhile. Go back and watch his TD against Louisville he twisted his ankle in the dive into the endzone. Still not sure he should leave doubt he gets drafted.

WR are what they are. Good to see X get a catch out of the slot.

O-line played well and Donaldson opened that hole for Harris TD and was nice to see.

D-line dominated all night and Phillips is gone to the NFL no doubt.

We didn’t miss McCloud at all. That’s a good thing.

best tackling I have seen all year.

we still don’t have a punt returner

Advertisement
We did what we were supposed to do. Defense played well, offense woke up after a slow start, special teams were good.

Now it is time to kick UNC's ****.
If we play like we did tonight, UNC game is a high scoring game but not close. Miami wins by 2 scores.

Flagg was everywhere to begin the game. He will be our starting MLB next year.

Brevin healthy makes the offense better. Would love to see him come back but I’m sure he leaves.

king steady as always. Hope he comes back next year.

Harris was no doubt injured for awhile. Go back and watch his TD against Louisville he twisted his ankle in the dive into the endzone. Still not sure he should leave doubt he gets drafted.

WR are what they are. Good to see X get a catch out of the slot.

O-line played well and Donaldson opened that hole for Harris TD and was nice to see.

D-line dominated all night and Phillips is gone to the NFL no doubt.

We didn’t miss McCloud at all. That’s a good thing.

best tackling I have seen all year.

we still don’t have a punt returner
Exactly my thoughts as well. Couldn't agree more. I was happy to see X playing more snaps he has that fire in his eyes, you can tell. Let's hope we continue tacklin like we did tonight. I don't remeber seeing a missed tackle.

Advertisement

It was Duke... BUT we played like we meant it, we showed up for the first time since FSU. I was proud of our guys. We had a much lesser opponent and it felt like we showed that we were without a doubt the superior team to everybody, we beat them soundly. God dammit it felt so good to dominate a “P5” opponent instead of playing to their level. We played like we were trying to make a statement to the world, I wish we would play like this against every team.

- First of all... Welcome back Mr. Turnover Chain we missed you.

- Philips was in the backfield all night showing off his motor and determination to get to the person that was holding the football. He plays like the Texas HS player going after the ref after he was ejected. I’m gonna miss this dude next year but will be happy to see him play on Sunday’s.

- Pressure on the QB on almost every play and very few missed tackles. We had the dude seeing ghosts all night. The defense looked sharp and played well. The turnovers were very nice to have.

- Borregales is a dude. Even though he missed his first field goal attempt, I love his attitude. Came back and nailed a 52 yarder. He is almost automatic. I hope his brother keeps the tradition of being a dude as well.

- Harris played like he actually was not injured. He was definitely playing injured for the most of the season. He looked fresh and quick. Similar to the first 2.5 games of the season. He’s no DJ Dallas or Homer but he’s a decent back and shows he has breakaway speed.

- Chaney reminds of an old school Miami RB. Think Gore. That may be too far (is too far?) or may be an exaggeration but I am truly excited about what he brings and his potential. He needs more touches in both the run and pass game.

- Flagg Jr seemed like he has some speed and was in position to make some plays in the first half. This has been severely lacking from LBs all season. I hope he continues to progress because Lord knows we need A LOT of help at LB (Come play for the crib T2).

- King is by far and away the best player we have had in a decade or more. The dude is a dude, a player, a game manager, a game changer, something that has been missing from Miami football for far too long. He wills us to win and is a true leader, also dynamic. I hope he comes back next year but wish him nothing but health, wealth, and happiness in life.

- WRs were average but that’s better than they had been all season except for the past 2-3 games where Harley has stepped up. Harley has been showing his potential I’m glad he has stepped up. There was a graphic they put up on screen after his long TD reception for passes of 20+ yards: “First 5 games 1 reception for 25 yards. Last 4 games 7 receptions for 263 yards and 3 TDs.” Congrats Harley I am eating crow. Keep balling out.

- I wish Brevin could have stayed healthy all season. The dude is a stud when he is in and healthy. The guy seems like he is almost imaginary. He seems like he could be a world beater and someone we should feed the ball to at least 10 times or more a game but it never happens and he’s always injured. To a lesser degree this is also Mallory. I wish we would use our beastly tight ends more in the passing game. Is this partially due to Likens?

- Can we get a punt returner that does muff it every time they’re back there?

- Very few penalties and a bull**** personal foul against Silvera. We played disciplined football. Again proud of our guys.

Beautiful game. GO CANES!
Very nice report for a CIS rookie 😉

Advertisement
Back