A few more notes on the team

Advertisement
It will be interesting to see the big men this year. Given that we didn't add an eligible transfer, hopefully these guys are ready to play serious burn.

If Dewan's putting in the work, there is no reason he can't have the same kind of Frosh-to-Soph improvement John Collins from Wake had last year as a big man. IMHO he's a much more talented big man. And he's gonna get the minutes as long as he stays out of foul trouble.

Don't sleep on Miller either. If L could turn Gamble into a productive big, he can do the same with Miller. Might take another year of development though.

If L could turn Gamble into a productive big....

975JGZ.gif

Advertisement
Izundu's jump at the end of last year came out of nowhere. If Miller can be productive at all in the middle off the bench this team is going to be fine up front. Biggest weakness right now IMO is three-point shooting. Going to miss that from Davon. Hopefully DJ becomes more consistent and Walker can knock em down from deep when he returns

Izundu's jump at the end of last year came out of nowhere. If Miller can be productive at all in the middle off the bench this team is going to be fine up front. Biggest weakness right now IMO is three-point shooting. Going to miss that from Davon. Hopefully DJ becomes more consistent and Walker can knock em down from deep when he returns

DJ, the tall Kiwi, Amp, can shoot 3s. Apparently Brown has been taking 6,892 threes a day. No idea how Lykes and Lonnie shoot the 3. I think we'll be fine.

As for Izundu, what he needs to learn how to do the most is play defense without fouling people.

Advertisement
Good stuff. I think Huell can take the jump this year.

Would have liked to hear something on Lykes. I have him pegged as emerging as our starting PG. Really excited to watch him

Coach L Press Conference. He talked about Lonnie, Recruiting, Summer League, and moving toward positionless basketball (hint: don't call Lykes a true point guard)
[video=youtube_share;C-TcPb-LKOY]https://youtu.be/C-TcPb-LKOY[/video]

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back