A Day in the Life

Hoyacane1620

All American
Premium
Of Leonard Taylor..... some highlights of the blog he is writing for Rivals....

On his daily routine:
We wake up around 7, then we’ll be in the facility till 12, get a break.

We’re working.

We have our days where it’s offensive day, then defensive day (for) the weight room, then meetings are around an hour, after that it's walkthroughs, then a two hour break. Then we come back for more meetings, come back to the field, flex and then practice. Probably 9 or 10 p.m., depending if I get treatment or not, I’m home.

On eating and nutrition:

They feed us good, we have a meal every couple of hours. We have snacks in the meeting rooms, water.

When we eat, we go at separate times by class and we’ll all eat in the players’ lounge and we chill.

For breakfast I’ve been eating French toast, sausages, a lot of pineapple and yogurt. And I’ll have a couple of waters, some Hi-C.

Lunch I get a big bowl of pasta, some salad, bread and a couple of Gatorades.

Dinner it’s pasta, salad and if they have chicken and rice I’ll go for that as well. I also eat fruit and drink a lot of water.

Taylor says Jon Ford is a "big eater". He's a big guy who eats big.

On his first scrimmage:

Says he wasn't nervous, just excited.
"I get to play with the big guys. I got a lot of snaps in, a lot of plays, I made a couple, got to celebrate with the team a lot.

I made a tackle, just got up and went crazy for a little bit, celebrated with the guys for a second. That was my first tackle - I think I had a cross face where I crossed the center and then the running back got the ball and it went on from there. I tackled him, got up and screamed - it was a tackle for loss."

"The quarterbacks - I’m trying to get him but he’s quick. One time I was on the guard, tried to swim to get toward him but he scrambled out. I got close to Jake Garcia once, he scrambled out of the pocket. I could have if I wanted to get him, would have had a sack."

Taylor says he got some playing time with the ones, twos, and threes. Before the scrimmage, he wasn't practicing with the ones. "Coach put me in there and I just played."

"A couple of times I was with them, was with second and third team (too). It was me, J Mill (Jordan Miller), Zach (McCloud) and Jahfari (Harvey) when I was with the ones."

"I feel I can help the team this year on third downs. It will depend. Coach told me keep working and learn the plays and I’ll be alright."

"The whole D line all talk to me, tell me what to do, how to watch the play. They’re like older brothers to me, taking me under their wing."

MOST IMPORTANT: DON'T EVER TOUCH D'ERIQ KING!!!

Rule No. 1 in practice is never touch D'Eriq, don't even tag him.

We can’t touch him, can’t mess with him.

We understand, that’s our QB.

We just can’t touch him.

You do that, it’s going to be a problem.

On being responsible:
"My freshman class, we all have a group chat so we stay on each other about certain things.

We make sure we’re all on time, we all wake each other up in the morning.

We don’t have problems being on time because we know what’s up - we all came here to do one thing, play football.

You have to be responsible, do what you have to do."

He's great doing this blog. He does it via video and it's transcribed.

Advertisement
Camp is such a grind. Might be controversial but imo it's smart of the staff to have practice in the early evening so they're sharp during the day.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back