A Couple of Interesting Tidbits From Pete

nystateofmind

C'est la vie
Banned
Two things from the Q&A really caught my eye. This for those of you that don't feel like reading the whole thing:

1) Ice Harris was offered a job on the staff and turned it down

Pete didn't say when this occurred, what position he would've had or why he turned it down but nonetheless very interesting.

2) We came very close to losing Yearby to USF

Yearby was having some of the same problems with admissions that Brandon Powell was having and he almost bolted to USF. His relationship with Coley is what kept him here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Two things from the Q&A really caught my eye. This for those of you that don't feel like reading the whole thing:

Pete didn't say when this occurred, what position he would've had or why he turned it down but nonetheless very interesting.

Yearby was having some of the same problems with admissions that Brandon Powell was having and he almost bolted to USF. His relationship with Coley is what kept him here.

Isn't that part of the reason Coley was hired. People freaking about how important Coley was to this class like he was just some last-second addition to the staff. What if T-Rob wasn't a Gator? What would their class look like?

This admissions crap is going to get us killed one day... Dade Football players does not equal Rhodes Scholars...

Advertisement
Offering Ice now (prob to try to get his kid) looks like desperation and might've looked back for all sides. Good for Ice. Let's now see if UM offers him in the future....will show the intention.

i have heard that at Columbus, football players could use a dictionary for spelling tests.

and some STILL failed.

\my source is from Belen guys so take it with a grain of salt.

i have heard that at Columbus, football players could use a dictionary for spelling tests.

and some STILL failed.

Thats bull**** I wish CCHS cared that much about winning

How rustled would Kirkland and maybe Thomas be if Ice took the job after all the **** that went down last NSD. lulz

Advertisement
How rustled would Kirkland and maybe Thomas be if Ice took the job after all the **** that went down last NSD. lulz

I don't think they'd really care to be honest. He stuck up for his guy. It's in the past, gotta move on.

Lets be honest here, hes not going to take a job at UM with his son heading to U*** and im sure he didnt wouldnt to influence his sons decision before he chose to go there.

Lets pray this is a joke ice offers nothing but trouble for the program still stings when we got his son instead of local patrick peterson who bolted to lsu :crownpour:

Dota2_ShakeHead.gif

Advertisement

and some STILL failed.

I went there. That is not the case. They don't get special treatment

Advertisement
This admissions crap is going to get us killed one day... Dade Football players does not equal Rhodes Scholars...

Admissions for us are a pain in the **** but come on man... We're talking about high school. I mean, if these kids can't do basic learning in high school, why in the **** should they get a free ride to a good educational institution followed on by an opportunity to make millions in the NFL. These kids should be working as hard in the classroom as they are on their **** facebook and twitter accounts!

And these coaches that let these kids slip through the cracks without pushing them to do better and knock out their SAT/ACT should be held accountable as well.

Admissions for us are a pain in the **** but come on man... We're talking about high school. I mean, if these kids can't do basic learning in high school, why in the **** should they get a free ride to a good educational institution followed on by an opportunity to make millions in the NFL. These kids should be working as hard in the classroom as they are on their **** facebook and twitter accounts!

And these coaches that let these kids slip through the cracks without pushing them to do better and knock out their SAT/ACT should be held accountable as well.

See Darrion Owens.

We have not had many kids over the past few years who could be cleared by the NCAA not get though admissions. Can't recall any.

Agreed. Stanford and Duke both have more stringent admissions standards than UM has, and those programs are doing pretty well in football at this moment.

Advertisement
Back