A coach from the trenches

Hurricane Hero

Recruit
All speculation and rumors aside, I want a coach who comes from the trenches. Jimmy Johnson, Butch Davis, Mario Cristobal, Kenard Lang and Sam Pittman all are coaches who played in the trenches and I think those guys have something about them. I know it shouldn’t be the main criteria for hiring, nor should it be a determining factor, but I do like a big intimidating coach. I wanna see a Miami coach chew a player out the way Cristobal did against Arizona, that would make me start to believe again.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Butch would definitely had us in better shape than this BUT we tend to forget, as a game day coach, he was really maligned. I lived in Miami during that time. It was dicey. I almost wrecked my car yelling at the radio during the UCLA game. As much as we throw around the CorCH term, ”Botch” Davis was the term of the day back then.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Davis was literally BEGGING for the job but look how many know nothings here who trash the BOT, albeit rightfully so, who also didn't want him back. Nobody's going to convince me he wouldn't have this program in better shape than this.
There's a reason why Davis hasn't been hired by a major program in years. He hasn't been interviewed. Davis was past his prime almost a decade ago.

Miami botched the hiring process, but let's not pretend that hiring over the hill Butch was the answer. I know it's tough for our fanbase to understand this concept but STOP LIVING IN THE **** PAST. Let's start building a new generation of champions, by building a new kind of Miami program. Our fanbase sounds like NY hip hop fans. All they want to do is "Take it Back", times are changing. Give me a quality coach, that is in tune with the rapidly changing nature of college football and this program will win, provided he has the needed support from the AD and BOT to make it happen.

There's a reason why Davis hasn't been hired by a major program in years. He hasn't been interviewed. Davis was past his prime almost a decade ago.

Miami botched the hiring process, but let's not pretend that hiring over the hill Butch was the answer. I know it's tough for our fanbase to understand this concept but STOP LIVING IN THE **** PAST. Let's start building a new generation of champions, by building a new kind of Miami program. Our fanbase sounds like NY hip hop fans. All they want to do is "Take it Back", times are changing. Give me a quality coach, that is in tune with the rapidly changing nature of college football and this program will win, provided he has the needed support from the AD and BOT to make it happen.
Past his prime my a** dude is the same age as Saban and we all know FIU aint the most resourceful place in the least. Put Davis in a power 5 program with sufficient resources and you'd be eating your words. Miss me with that take it back BS, your personal bias against the man is your reason for this crap.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Butch would definitely had us in better shape than this BUT we tend to forget, as a game day coach, he was really maligned. I lived in Miami during that time. It was dicey. I almost wrecked my car yelling at the radio during the UCLA game. As much as we throw around the CorCH term, ”Botch” Davis was the term of the day back then.
Lol at you lived in Miami at the time...and??...I literally lived at Hecht at the time....There was nothing wrong with the way he coached during the UCLA game...they were a very good team, that was coached very well...hence their ranking...

Lol at you lived in Miami at the time...and??...I literally lived at Hecht at the time....There was nothing wrong with the way he coached during the UCLA game...they were a very good team, that was coached very well...hence their ranking...
And…Miami won…

No one is immune to legit criticism but the guy needs to pick the right games.

Uh....yes he has been interviewed...not the past 5yrs...but he most certainly had teams interested...he had no desire to leave Fl whatsoever...

Advertisement
Back