A Closing like --

That is not a B class at the University of Miami. Not even close

Are you insane? If we finish with just Coley, Collins, and Grace, we would have 7 guys in the ESPN 150. USC, Notre Dame, Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, and Michigan would be the only schools to have more.

This fan base is retarded

And that's not accounting for two JUCO studs in Bond and Sandland

146.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
In response to DJWilliams55 calling out Cristobal and Coley:

James Coley has been here for a week and Cristobal has been here for less than a month!? Do you understand recruiting at all!? I don't think so. Takes time to work on these kids. Both the hires were more for hauling in an amazing 2014 class. Idiot.

Advertisement
In response to DJWilliams55 calling out Cristobal and Coley:

James Coley has been here for a week and Cristobal has been here for less than a month!? Do you understand recruiting at all!? I don't think so. Takes time to work on these kids. Both the hires were more for hauling in an amazing 2014 class. Idiot.

Coley in particular was Thomas's guy at FSU, so he should have some serious pull. I'm not asking that he turn water into wine in 2013 or anything like that. But for those kids that he already had a very good relationship with, I dont think its unreasonable to expect him to flip them back. This is not an unreasonable position. With regard to Coach Cristobal, he's supposed to be very much in tune with the whole Miami area, so I'd like to think that he could provide some immediate help with some kids (you will also note that Coach Cristobal is known as a relentless guy who is full of energy, now he is freed from many administrative HC responsibilities and can focus like a laser on recruiting, so expecting some immediate results with key prospects is reasonable for that reason as well). While its certainly true that they may make a larger impact in 2014 simply because of the extra time to get acquainted with the full set of those prospects, I don't like the implication that there is some kind of a free pass for 2013. If that were the case, Al wouldn't be relying on them with Thomas for instance. I mean both guys were at the in-home, so Golden obvously feels they SHOULD be a shot in the arm this year.

Hopefully they can pull Matt in. This is a very big recruit. Personally, I dont know what to believe with regard to his level of commitment to UM. Yes, Ice is now peddling this story that he wasnt looking our way until he kinda pushed him too (thats an incredibly self serving portrait from Ice, BTW) but we've had reports from alot of credible folks that Miami had the inside track, it was 80% or whatever, and this kid was eating lunch at the All-Star practices with Olsen and his face lit up when he talked about Miami...so I'm not yet willing to accept that FSU has been the leader from the getgo and its taken a miracle just to get him to consider us. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. This is someone we need to get. We gotta start locking down this area. People think I have an agenda or whatever but I LOVE Al and I thought Randy was a failure. This is not a Randy-Al thing. I have a massive man crush on Al, but these things are also very important to me. There was a time when my entire week would be decided by how my various teams played. Its not quite that bad anymore but its still a big deal. This is important...no its not a game. We would not be here all night arguing with each other with such passion if thats all it was. Its important....to all of us. I would be physically sick to see MT go to Pedo-land. I can't accept that. This is very big for both substantive and symbolic reasons. This is the No.1 prospect in the area. This is a sign of where we are at. We need to win this battle. If we can win this battle, it will be a major signal that FSU and the other scum are living on borrowed time and we're back in the game...and nastier than ever. I get very angry at the thought of a hick fraudulent douchebag like Jimbo Fisher getting his grimey hands on OUR crown jewel prospects. These are our kids..WTF. Not only should his hand get slapped away when he tries to steal from us, he should be stabbed in the ****....preferably more than once. I'm simply unwilling to accept the proposition of losing 6 to F$U. I just cant accept that. I'm sorry, thats just me.

Last edited:
Much like draft classes, I hate evaluating recruiting classes for a few years.

There's a very good chance that a lot of these kids are going to surprise you. Golden is clearly an excellent talent evaluator. It's all about development and getting in athletic kids that want to improve.

If you base your opinion on how well the staff addressed our needs on paper, then it's hard not to like this class. How these players do in addressing those needs on the field is anyone's guess, but it's impossible to put a grade on it yet. Most people thought our 08 class was an A. ****, ESPN had it ranked #1 ahead of Bama's.

Again, it isn't the sexiest class on paper (...yet), but given this staff's track record at finding and developing talent, it's hard not to trust them. EJ and Rashaun Scott come to mind. What excites me most about this class is it's full of big kids. We won't have to wait around for guys to put on weight.

That is not a B class at the University of Miami. Not even close

Are you insane? If we finish with just Coley, Collins, and Grace, we would have 7 guys in the ESPN 150. USC, Notre Dame, Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, and Michigan would be the only schools to have more.

This fan base is retarded

And that's not accounting for two JUCO studs in Bond and Sandland

146.gif

AND we are doing this with the looming sanctions. Very impressive under the circumstances.

Advertisement
Maybe the "surprise DT" was that BOTH Bryant and Bostwick committed? Seems more logical than somebody out of nowhere IMHO

some of u guys talkin about kids who "should" be at miami is funny to me. this isn't NCAA Football 2013 where each recruit has a recruiting bar and as long as u recruit him for a long time he will come to miami. each kid is an individual. yea u can sell staying home n putting your city on the map n some kids eat it up like Tracy and Deon but not every kid is going to go for that. some kids just want to get away, whether is a personal reason, family problems, wanting to grow etc. so plz stop acting like becuz a kid has a 305 area code he is destined to play at miami n if he doesn't its the staff's fault. if the staff puts in the time n a kid go elsewhere than thats just what it is. accept it and move on

Agenda?

I'm ****ed. This group was put out there as awesome recruiters and the university spent big money to bring in those 2....what's wrong with expecting production.

I'm expecting production fellas....nothing more and nothing less.

You mean Crist and Coley who just got here less then a month ago? Maybe you should pump your breaks and give them a full year first not a month at max to get these kids here. You also might want to seek help if you get ****ed over recruiting. You have no control over who goes where so why stress it to that point.

Advertisement
some of u guys talkin about kids who "should" be at miami is funny to me. this isn't NCAA Football 2013 where each recruit has a recruiting bar and as long as u recruit him for a long time he will come to miami. each kid is an individual. yea u can sell staying home n putting your city on the map n some kids eat it up like Tracy and Deon but not every kid is going to go for that. some kids just want to get away, whether is a personal reason, family problems, wanting to grow etc. so plz stop acting like becuz a kid has a 305 area code he is destined to play at miami n if he doesn't its the staff's fault. if the staff puts in the time n a kid go elsewhere than thats just what it is. accept it and move on

Wait a second.......wait a second.........wait a second.......hold up. So you're saying these kids DON'T HAVE recruiting bars?

F#ck. I'm going to have to reevaluate things now....

Advertisement
Back